Barry Bonds

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by RyansTitans, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

As for Griffey, he is averaging about 30 hr's a season now even with all his injuries. If he makes it to 42 at that pace, he would have a little over 700 hrs. That's pretty damn close to the record. He'd be almost where Barry is now and doing it at a very reasonable pace. All he would have to do is push himself like Barry is doing to get the record.

2. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

You do realize that the 25 HRs were hit when Biggio was 39 and it was the only time in his career that he hit 25 or more. Not a very good example. Barry has extended his career way past what it should have been in an attempt to break the record. Biggio hit 21 last season at 40 and typically at 40+ the HR totals drop dramatically.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Forgone conclusion??? I think the only forgone conclusion here is that somebody put something in your drink... Maybe 5% at best of players playing into their 40's.
    A-Rod is a great player yes and it's a mathematical possibilty but the odds are way way against it.

4. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I think A-Rod will eventually break the record. It might not be a foregone conclusion, but if he can stay healthy I see no reason why he wont break the record.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

All I know is Hank Aaron sounds like a grouchy old coot.

6. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Finally someone agrees with me.

Arron is an a-hole for saying hes not going to be there when or if Bonds does break the record

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

The interesting thing is that Hank Aaron, of all people, ought to be able to relate to Barry Bonds. When anyone approaches a historic record like this there is usually some kind of backlash as they approach. Are they worthy? Do they deserve it? And nobody experienced this more than Hank Aaron for he was chasing a legend. So I do find this interesting. I would think Aaron could understand Barry. And he seems to agree that Barry is legitimate until found guilty. So it's odd. He may very well just not want to travel. It's the type of thing that there will be so much pressure that it may take longer than expected. So I can understand that as well. Aaron is a pretty old dude with limited means.

8. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

I was kinda thinking something about maybe how the fans might hate him if he congradulats Bonds when he breaks the record and shakes his hand and all that. And maybe he dosent want that to happen so he just said no.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Bonds is a good player but wouldn't be close to Aaron's record were it not for cheating. I can completely understand why Aaron wants nothing to do with Bonds.

Aaron often had his life threatened as he approached the record. No one wanted him to break it. Not because he cheated but because of the color of his skin. The man dealt with it and still excelled. True courage Bonds will never have.

10. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Bonds is a hall of famer even without the cheating.

But I mean you cant even call it cheating because he has never been tested positive for roids. You can definitly see that he did do something which was probably roids but I mean if he cheats why dont they suspend him and arrest him and kick him out of the MLB and erase all his stats?

People say roids this roids that HGH this HGH that. If they know so much about what he did then why isent Bonds out of the MLB?

Its just like Pacman with the Vegas incident. Yeah you got your so called witnesses saying he caused a triple shooting but why isent he in jail?

How long have people been saying Bonds was on the juice? Its been a few years now but isent it funny that right when he gets close to the "sacred" records everyone and their brother just lashes out on him hating him , accusing him of taking all this crap that they have absolutly no proof of.

So what if the guy got bigger. If you eat alot you get fat right? The guy coulda worked out and got big. Yeah your saying now im just talking stupid , but whats the diffrence of me saying he got big by working out and you saying he got big by using roids and HGH? We have no proof of either of the 2.

And untill the man , rather.. if the man ever gets tested positive , then the fan backlash should be in full effect.

Bonds has been around a heck of a long time , is he just there to break the record? Sure he is but come on who wouldnt break the biggest record in sports?

To me Hank Aaron is just mad because someone better then him is going to break his record. Im going to be watching it and if im the only one in my house happy about it then whatever.

All I have to say is this.

500 homeruns 500 steals

Thats what mkes Barry Bonds by far the best baseball player of all time.

NO ONE. Will ever touch that record. Ever. Period

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar