Barrett Ruud

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ScotTitan, Oct 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm excited for Colin McCarthy later this year. He looked like an ALL-Pro vs 2nd stringers this preseason.

One of the things that does transfer from preseason to regular season is how you attack the LoS. McCarthy did that as well as I've ever seen a rookie.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Lol Ruud has a one year contract. Tulloch has a long term contract. Therefore Tulloch was way more expensive.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Where are you getting that info? All I can find is that Tulluch signed a one year deal.

Don't have the time right now to research this, but how have we been against TEs this year? I know Miller had a few catches and a score last week and Watson had a few catches and a score the week before, but that was late in the game.

I thought that was one of the main reasons for the switch from Tulluch to Ruud, to stop the TEs killing us.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Is that correct? I thought McRath and Ruud were the nickel linebackers.

5. JCBRAVE

Ruud & McRath are the 2 LB's we play in nickle situations.

Ruud doesn't come off the field.

[ame="http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d82221b62/Thomas-catch-keeps-drive-alive"]NFL Videos: Thomas' catch keeps drive alive[/ame]

6. JCBRAVE

Tulloch does have a 1 year deal worth $3.25M. Not all that money is guaranteed though, it's incentive based.

And originally Tully would have been more expensive than Ruud. Tully wanted big bucks but had to settle for what Detroit was offering cause no one else was offering anything.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

This isn't Madden.

I am positive it wasn't as bad as you are playing it out to be, and Babs is not flat out terrible as you say he is.

I've been doubtful about Babs since we signed him..and didn't buy into all the hype put up around him..."because I don't jump up players jocks!

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Wow. My mistake on Tulloch. That's surprising to see him only get a 1 year deal after he was one of the most sought after free agents out there. Damn... the Eagles are stupid for not getting him.

I swear I remember it being a 4-5 year deal.

9. JCBRAVE

You're probably thinking of Steven Tulluck, and not former Titans MLB Stephen Tulloch. Happens all the time.

10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

He wasn't sought after at all. I get the impression it was mostly manufactured by him and his agent.

Tulloch definitely thought he was hot sh*t and I think he got a rude (no pun intended) awakening when he found out what his market value was.

I don't know this for sure, but I have a feeling he had already turned down a good offer from the Titans and he was too proud to come back to them and agree to a smaller deal, so he went to Detroit for a very cheap one-year deal. No huge loss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar