Barrett Ruud

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ScotTitan, Oct 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Ayers has been a typical second round pick. Makes some really nice plays and also shows why he was not a first. I agree, not a first round issue, but a second if the right player is there 3rd at the latest. Witherspoon is getting old and I mentioned Ruud's weaknesses when we signed him, basically, not physical enough to be a MLB.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. MDTitansFan

MDTitansFan Rookie

i was connecting high with weed. not mcrath with weed. last time i checked it doesnt either. :moon2:

3. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

except cj...hell we could of signed tully to a 5 year 20 million dollar contract got a reciever and another player for just what we gave cj...

4. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

i dont know bout the whole first round LBs as a concept. i actually find that value in the LB position (GENERALLY - plz dont think always) comes later as with RB.....even our best LB bulluck came at the very end of the 1st (and if we didnt pick him he mighta slipped a bit)

over the years we have seen a decline in two positions mainly, in terms of drafting - RB and LB. Both considered to be positions that you can 'plug and play' a rookie without much drop off. another reason why there pay and value has gone down as well.

ppl dont wanna give 50m+ contracts to LBs or RBs; whereas 5-10 years ago they were of some of the highest paid players (i.e. 30m was comparable to todays 50m).

offcourse there are exceptions, but please understand what i am trying to say.

As for Ruud, the jury is out on him. and while i cant say for sure, i know i really liked tully and pretty sure that i woulda preferred him. DID U SEE THE STEELERS GUTTING US UP THE MIDDLE ALL DAY....you cant give the middle up ever...and while that rests on DTs as well, its mainly Ruud's responsibility.

if your gonna be blocked, never get sealed off from YOUR middle, pedal backwards instantly so you can fall back a bit to make the tackle (or at least get in the way to slow him down for someone else), but you cant let him get scat free...that is inexcusable.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Where did you get that idea?

Both have one year contracts:

Ruud $4.00M
    Tulloch $3.25M

Ruud makes more!

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Right now it looks like a bad move to get Ruud and let Tully walk. Tully is better against the run and Ruud is supposed to be better in coverage but coverage matters less because Ruud is the one who comes out in the nickel in favor of Mcgrath when he's healthy.

The number one role of a MLB and a DT is to stop the run. They said that was Gray's number one objective with this defense to play the run better so why let a guy walk who is proven to be solid in that area?

Donta Hightower would be our answer at that position for a very long time. Depending on how high we are drafting.

7. Johnnyrex

Johnnyrex Starter

Ruud and Griffin were the letdowns of our defense against the Seetlers.

Ruud doesn't handle neither the run or the passing game.

And Griffin is constantly being fooled by play-action and lets receivers go catch the ball behind him. Starting to look more and more like Hope.

8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Babineaux played Lamont Thompson esque on sunday, but he has a pick-6 so he's safe for the rest of his career right?

i've never seen someone standing right in front of a runningback TAKE A BAD ANGLE in pursuit of the runningback (who just happened to be a fat, slow, scrub) and then get toasted for 40 yards before Finny bailed him out. Babineaux is seriously TERRIBLE.

9. Johnnyrex

Johnnyrex Starter

And you are all that upset because of a bad angle on a running play??

Well, Hines Ward can kiss Griffin for his 2 TD's and Mike Wallace can also give him a hug for his TD.

10. MDTitansFan

MDTitansFan Rookie

just throwing this out there as well...are we better than 8-8. we have the capability to be a 9+ win team. but, are we consistent enough to be that. I always get high on the titans when the win early games. shoot, we were 5-2 last year. and ended up 6-10. maybe we just had a good game against the ravens. and we beat 2 scrub teams after that. one, the broncos, barely. we lost to the jags. that evidence proves we arnt what our record suggests. i always love to be optimistic. but the more i read about some of our posts the more i think more realistically. we might be a 8-8 team with another mid round pick. really who have we beaten? the rat birds. Flacco sucks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar