Barrett Ruud Worst Pass-Rushing LB of 2011

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bababooey, Jun 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Am i the only one who considers this post offensive? How do you know that Ruud is more intelligent than those other guys?

Patrick Willis is a hall of fame player and you are calling him dumb? He doesn't need the mind of some scrub to be a great player he already is a great player!

And Ruud was not a terrible athlete at all coming out of Nebraska. He ran a 4.75 40 and had a 34 1/2 vertical and a 4.00 shuttle which was better than Willis' shuttle time.

WTF?

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Yeah, it' may not be offensive but it is completely stupid. Listen to Patrick Willis talk--the guy is plenty intelligent.

Heck, Wimbley is the same.

3. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

In hindsight, I wish they would have started McCarthy from day 1. I think that without an offseason, Rudd maybe picked up on the play book earlier than the rookie. However, you can't tell me that the coaching staff are not kicking themselves for not starting McCarthy. Tampa fans wanted Rudd gone bc he couldn't tackle nor cover.

4. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

When I read that post I didn't get the impression that he was calling Willis/Wimbley dumb. He just said that if Ruud was as athletic as them, then he would have been a good LB. Ruud had the smarts, so if he was as big/could tackle like those guys, he would've been a fine player.

Never did he say that Willis/Wimbley needed Ruuds smarts ... now that might be offensive. He just said that Ruud needed their bodies.

5. TorontoTitanFan

Yeah, I guess you are probably right. My apologies if I misinterpreted what Bababooey was trying to say.

6. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Got more of a "Ruud is smart", than "Willis/Wimbley is dumb" vibe

IMO JMHOFR

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Me too. For example if Ruud had the body of Patrick Willis he could be........Patrick Willis good. You could say that about over 1/2 the LBs in the NFL and probably a large % of the LBs starting at LB in college. If Donnie Nickey just had Bo Jackson's body he could have been a great NFL S. Brilliant.

8. TorontoTitanFan

Yeah, that's why I was confused. It's not exactly a groundbreaking point. Anyone would be good if they had Patrick Willis' body.

9. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I think the point was just that while Ruud may not be a good NFL LB, its not because he is dumb. Therefore he could have taught McCarthy a thing or two.

Now if he was super athletic, but sucked bc he was dumb, then McCarthy probably wouldn't learn anything from him.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Leave it to RollTide to make mountains out of molehills.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar