Bad News. No Al for today

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by OswegoTitan41, Nov 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Funny, the Jags adjusted to losing a Pro Bowl DT (Stroud) last time we played them. Why can't we adjust?

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

First of all, Stroud wasn't having the impact on the Jags defense Haynesworth was. Second, they brought in a pretty good DT to replace him. Third, he had much better talent around him.

We'll adjust but our success will be directly tied to how well the players execute today.

3. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Damn you guys are confident. I think we still prevail today.

4. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

Completely differant,i don't hear anyone calling Stroud possible defensive player of the year.:rolleyes:

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

But you don't find it sad that we can't have a good defence without having absolute best DT in the league? I do.

And Jeff, why didn't we bring in Jackson? Surely you can't blame the lack of talent acquisitions on the players...

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Drastically change up the plays and play aggressive. (I'm assuming Harper is starting opposite Finny)

Inside LB blitzes. CB blitzes. S blitzes. 5 DL sets. Vary it up constantly. Definately have some plays with double coverage on Ocho. Going into that hybrid 3-4 looking setup we did earlier in the season. Basically attempt to make Palmer unsure of where the pressure will come from, and when Ocho will be doubled or not. Hopefully the pressure helps attack the run game as well.

What do I think will happen...

Traditional 4-3 zone plays over and over and over and over.

Hope I'm wrong or somebody on D has a career day.

7. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

I guess that's the price we pay for having the most dominating defensive tackle in football. We relied on him to much and we are paying the price for it now.:irked:

8. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

well good think Rudi Johnson is playing terribly so far this season

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

haha. I played him during Johnsons injury to cover one of my rb's bye.

we must win this game injuries aside. If we do not win today we have no business in the wc hunt.

10. gojohn45

gojohn45 Guest

Maybe the training staff didn't rub enough Nacho Cheese on Fat Al's hammy before the game...

Schwartz' defense is offering all the resistance of wet toilet paper....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar