Bad calls bad calls

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Dec 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Part time...but they still get paid an average of $173000 per year....make the right calls asshats.

2. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Still less than half of what a rookie makes. Minimum wage is $450,000 this year.

3. Big TT

Ok...so...point is they get paid a very good amount for what they do...make the right calls...this "part time" crap is a cop out.

4. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Compared to the average American, then yes.

Compared to their "colleagues", then no. They're pretty much underpaid, yet they have a way more important job than those irrelevant players.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Big TT

apples/oranges....players are held accountable....refs are not publicly....

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

I thought it was hilarious when all of our "pick" plays were being called and cost us some sure points, then RIGHT after one got called they showed a TD alert from the Dolphins game where they used a "pick" play to score and it wasn't called back. Made me LOL

7. Bayou Titan

Bayou Titan Starter

There was one play I was particularly upset about. It was on the sack of Mariota by Ray. If someone has the game recorded where they could go back and look at it, I would appreciate confirmation to what I think I saw. The Defensive tackle grabs our guard (don't know which one) by the arm and holds him to allow the stunting linebacker a free run. Of course Fouts and his partner made no mention of it.

8. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

You're not serious are you?

For 1, the players are employed by them teams. Teams that want to win a championship. They have an open market (free agency) that they use to drive up their value. And teams will pay it cause they want to win ... capitalism at its finest.

Refs are employed by the NFL. Sure there may be some incentives for them to perform their jobs well, but there is nothing like FA to drive up their value.

2. NFL is a billion dollar industry because people want to see the players. not because they want to see the refs. This means that NFL PA has MUCH more leverage in negotiating more money for their players ... and that's how it should be. NFL is making money off the players image. people aren't going out and buying ed Houculi (sp?) ref uniforms. they are buying players jerseys. players deserve a bigger slice of the pie because of that.

3. People make money bc of supply and demand. There are very very very few people in the world with NFL level talent/athleticism. Limited supply + high demand = more money ... Plenty of people could be refs.

4. Refs suffer the occasional injury, but players put their health on the line every game and practice.

9. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

I have a coworker that is a Broncos fan that went to the game and even he commented on how bad the refs were against Tennessee

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

If it was Brady or had been Peyton manning the player that made the hit would've been ejected.

Demaryius had a lot of push offs that weren't called as well. I don't see how anyone that had clear views of every play couldn't see the ref bias against Titans yesterday. It was bad enough that it reeks of attempting to fix the game.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar