backup quarterbacks

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ONUV, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ONUV

ONUV Starter

what's going to happen to simms and collins? one of them is going to get cut.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Bye bye Chris Simms.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Is that Dick Masterson in your sig? lol

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I'm hoping the drunk and the stoner are both released

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Simms is probably the odd one out. Collins has the experience (and no criminal charges in the off-season) and they seem to like Rusty Smith.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I like Rusty Smith too. Certainly looks the part.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Yeah- I'm really interested to see Rusty Smith in camp. Sounds like he has a very accurate arm AND he has the smarts.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He doesn't seem 'rusty' in practise.

get it, rusty. :grrhee:

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

From what I can tell, Smith has the arm but he's not making decisions as quick as he should (bounces around in the pocket too long). But I've only seen him make one bad pass the first two days of practice.

If he shows enough promise, I could see the Titans putting him on the practice squad and going with VY/Collins. If he doesn't, the Titans may hang onto Simms who has looked good in practice so far.

I hate the idea of three QBs on the final 53 with as many needs as the Titans have in the secondary. I also think some of the young WRs are going to make narrowing down that position extremely tough.

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

If I remember right, Dinger was way high on this kid. I don't expect a lot out of him this season, I hope we don't let him go. Honestly, I don't expect alot out of the team this season. I'd be happy with letting either Simms or Collins go and keep 2 QB's active and PS Smith this year.

Does anybody know for certain that Simms is significantly more mobile than Collins?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar