Backup QB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tricky, Jan 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Young54

Young54 Starter

Keenum did play lights out, but he was also plugged into a system that was set and ready for the next step.

Not sure who Bortle's back up is ( Chad Henne?), but if Blake went down, whoever stepped in would be poised to make a similar run (if not better). We're not there yet, but we're moving in the right direction. Lets get a back up QB that can help develop Maritoa outside the lines.

2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Not many options. Looks grim. I say McCoy or Mannion. Or draft one in round 5/6

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

those guys both suck

its matt Moore or a rookie, but I tend to think we have a vet at QB2

4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Moore isn't bad.

I actually think a rookie is the best way to go

5. JCBRAVE

when you have your under 30 franchise QB its better to have a wily ol vet that can be ready in a moments time

rookie QB is terrifying to watch

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Agreed but all the vets suck

7. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

Definitely.

A rookie backup QB would require a lot of resource at training etc to make sure they were as ready as posters on here want our backup QB to be.

Drafting a QB as backup is just adding headache that we dont need, or have. Teams with 30+ YO franchise QBs have this problem.

Drafting a QB to be QB3 I am ok with.

8. JCBRAVE

Marcus is getting all the reps with the 1's, rookie QB would be so far behind once camp is underway

better to get a vet who doesnt need those reps

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Shluhh..
    Rusty Smith thank you

10. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I gotta be honest, after pass rush and immediate need, id jump on a QB. I wouldn’t be opposed to grabbing a QB somewhat early. Realty is, nobody is in the FA cupboard, Cassel sucks, and Mariota has been injured often. We are on bad play away from having a rough season if so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar