Backup QB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tricky, Jan 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

rex grossman is still alive???!

2. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

Yep, theres a handful of teams where their 2nd string QB could come in and do an adequate job.

And a lot of that is due to the coach being able to flex his scheme and game plan.

Nick Foles is on $6m for a reason.

3. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Colt McCoy wouldn't be a bad get as QB2. He at least better than Cassel.

4. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Let's see... Nick Foles, Case Keenum, Teddy Bridgewater, Matt Moore, Matt Schaub, AJ McCarron, Pat Mahommes.

5. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Well Teddy is a starter. Keenum was last year and most likely will be next year.

Schaub? Lmao no.

What has Mahommes proved to say he’s a good backup?

You’ve listed 7 guys in a 32 team league....

If the Bills move on from Tyrod that’s who I’d go after to be our backup if no one offers him a starters job.

Edit : just kidding. I looked it up and saw where they’d have 8.6 million in dead cap if they cut him.

6. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Like Mitch said, you won't find an NFL star as a backup, or they wouldn't be a backup.

But tell teams like Minnesota and Philly that it doesn't matter.

Putting someone competent out there vs a complete trash can could be the difference in your season.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I fear the Vrabel/Cassel connection might have him around as our backup again. I certainly hope not.

I would be up for Colt Mccoy

8. Young54

Young54 Starter

I actually think we're better suited with the savvy vet that can help in practice and the film room. What's the point of a young unproven guy? If Marcus goes down again, our season is over anyway. The plan is for him to stay healthy, so might as well have a back up than can bring value to the team in others ways. Like I said in the other thread, I'm not opposed to bringing Ryan Fitz back since he's a free agent. So are Bradford and Josh McCown if they're not signed as starters.

I was surprised to see Matt Schaub is still in the league. I'd be cool with that but doubt Atlanta lets him go.

Colt obviously would be the best choice but it's not like teams are just willing to give away their backups. We would need to trade something too valuable to get him.

If you want a mobile back up with a coaching connection, EJ Manuel payed with Rob Moore last year in Oakland. I don't see him valuable in the film room though.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

As long as Mary is here we will have some old as dirt vet behind him, thats how you do things.

Have a guy whos been there before like Cassel, but hopefully not Cassel. That way when hes thrown to the wolves for a week or two he wont **** the bed. Thats what we did most of Mcnair, Young, and Lockers time, thats in the handbook.

10. Tricky

Tricky Starter

If Teddy is a starter then replace him with Bradford on my list. There are also plenty of guys I could've named that have good skill sets and are unknowns at this point. Would we have called Keenum a solid backup before this year? Doubtful. But 2 of the 4 QBs I conference championships were backups. Point is, we know what Cassell is, definitely need to move on, and if were bringing in some guys to look at, I wouldn't be surprised if one of them has been coached by Lafluer in the past.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar