BAA rds 1 and 2..

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Forget needs, forget fishing for the best WR or wondering about pacman's future. We want stud players of the same ilk as eddie george and frank wycheck. Guys like that. There are 2 players who can be that good or better and can very well be available in rds one and 2. If available we should draft them.

1. Greg olsen TE. I can't for the life of me imagine this guy lasting to pick 19 but many mocks and many top 100 lists have him around 19th or even below that. How good a prospect is olson? Well his wing span is similar to jason witten but he is faster, faster than witten or dallas clark. Witten and clark ran 4.65 40s olsen ran a 4.51 and ran as fast as a 4.47!!!! I saw olsen in some of those made for TV workouts on espn. Here was this 6'6 255 lb TE running step for step in drills with those same Wrs we are thinking of drafting in the first rd. His vertical jump was 35 1/2 in the combine 4 1/2 inches higher than witten but on pro day olsen jumped 37 1/2!
    By the way troupe ran a 4.70 40 at the combine so please do not compare him to this guy. If there this is the best athlete!

2. Kenny Irons RB. Best Rb in the draft in my opinion and can be a clinton portis, curtis martin type. A nice fit to go along with lendale white.

We still have 8 picks to meet our other needs but here we looking at 2 potential franchise players. How could we do better?

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

baa?

turning part sheep RollTide?

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Are you high?

Please remove head from arse..:rolleyes:

4. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

I don't know enough to disagree Roll Tide, and I do really like Irons in the 2nd if he is there. But is there talent later rounds to get a solid corner? I see this as a major need that should take our first or second pick. If we have to trott Reynoldo Hill out there again next year we are screwed. And Harper is no where near the corner Pac-Man is. I guess I wonder where you see us getting a corner. Or do you just see us going into the season with that as a major weakness?

5. finnegan... nuff said

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Corners...

Guys like bennett, coe, arline, bain and scott would be available in rd 3 and even as far out as the late 4th. All are big and fast and not only could fill that need but would give us a bigger option in matchups. No we are not likely to get a pacman caliber guy but hill and finnegan prove that decent depth can be had as late as the 7th. We could get a guy like coe in the 4th and use one of our 6th rd picks in that area.

Of course it is possible for pacman to be back on the team by week 11.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Finnegan could be the answer..

Who knows the guy might make that job his own and not give it up for 6 to 7 years. Nick harper wasn't even drafted.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

take a joke.

9. from what i saw from the philly game, the spot is Finnegan's

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

one game against a back up is hardly indicative of what he can do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar