Auburn-LSU

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Hoffa, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

LSU is favored by 10.5, but can either team score 10 points in this one?
    These two teams have had some wild finishes recently, and if it comes down to a FG, WATCH OUT!
    But I think LSU will win by more than a FG, cause it's a night time kickoff in Baton Rouge, and LSU is still in the hunt for the National Championship (to the dismay of the Big 10ers :)) )

Oh yeah, this game will cap off another great day of college football...What a season LOVE IT!!!!

2. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Hoffa, have you been a college football fan since childhood? It sounds like you still follow it closely.

I used to be a college ball fan when I was in my teens (the Tony Dorsett, Hugh Green and Dan Marino eras at the University of Pittsburgh was when I was avid fan). I have found as I got older I don't have the time to keep up with it. It seems these days that unless I really follow almost every aspect of a sport, the games themselves have a hard time holding my interest. There are exceptions of course, thankfully I caught enough of the hype before the USC/Texas Rose Bowl that I was able to watch and enjoy that game immensely (and get a early glimpse of VY doing his thing). Now, on a free Saturday afternoon when I can watch a college match-up, I find my mind wandering. This sucks because ideally I'd love to watch the colege game to become familiar with the NFL prospects through first hand knowledge rather than being forced to filter through the opinions of draft "experts" like Mel Kiper.

Is college football up there with NFL as your fave sport to follow? Do you find that you have a harder time getting into it as you get older?

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The LSU/Auburn game will be the bizarro Gators/Wildcats game.

4. Hoffa

I have always liked college football, grew up in the South (not Tennessee) and love SEC Football. I love the rivilaries and traditions, and the college game day atmosphere is great, better than the NFL. To me the games are better too, you never know what will happen, they are playing more for pride than the NFL seem to.

For a while I lived out west and could only get Pac-10 games, and that was awful. I fell away from college football for a while. I don't get to spend much time on it now, can't tell you a lot about most teams, but I do try to keep up with the SEC. I love it more now than when I was younger.

I go with a group of guys to one UT game every year. I went to college outside Tennessee at a non-SEC school, so I root for my alma mater, and UT because I'm raising a family here, Notre Dame because I'm Catholic, and I don't really have a team I hate, so I can watch most all games and just enjoy the game for what it is.

5. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I'm jealous that you're able to get so passionate about college ball. I'm about two hours away from Ann Arbour Michigan; one of these days I hope to go see a Wolverine game in person. The atmosphere in that stadium looks amazing. I hear what you're saying regarding the college player's source of motivation being strictly pride rather than money driven and I can see the reasoning as to why a fan might grow to like NCAA football more than the NFL game (especially if you have any real affiliation to a school)

The city in which I've lived most of my life, London, Ontario, is home to the University of Western Ontario (simply called Western or UWO for short). It has one of Canada's traditionally successful and most storied college football programs. I attended there and used to go to a couple of games a year, but they switched to an astroturf field about a decade ago, and that really sucked a lot of the enjoyment out of going to the game for me. Canadian college football is probably pretty similar in stadium size and fan support as US Highschool ball.

So for me now it's pretty much just the NFL and F1 racing that I follow with the real passion of a fan (and to a somewhat lesser extent Nextel Cup). Hell, I don't even follow hockey anymore... and as a Canadian I could lose my passport for such an offence (honestly... I can't even skate).

Enjoy the games today. I'm sure I'll tune into at least one of them... and probably nap while it's on.

Go Pitt Panthers! (what the heck happened to that school?.. they used to be such a powerhouse back in the day)

6. Hoffa

This was the only game I got to see yesterday, but it was another classic.
    LSU, after having played the emotional comeback against Florida, plays 3 OT's last week, and still found the grit to comeback from 10 points down in the second half last night. I do think they are one of the two best teams in the country and should play in the title game if they win out.

7. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Great game.

I actually watched this when I got home last night... I blame you Hoffa. :)

8. Hoffa

:whip:
    Stay tuned, there's more great games to be played...

9. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I have a sports package with my cable TV set-up that gives me the NFL Sunday Ticket, the Nextel Cup, the NBA and NHL packages as well as NCAA football. I wish I'd have watched the Vandy game yesterday, it was on, but I missed it. :irked:

If you ever have any recommendations on a good Saturday match-up don't hesitate to PM me.

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I caught the second half, it was a heck of a game. LSU has my deep respect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar