Attorney for Pacman Upset at Treatment

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I am not sure about US law, I just checked Victorian Crimes Act and the definition of coercion I could find was Marital Coercion (s. 336) and Coercion was defined as -

(3) For the purposes of this section "<<coercion>>" means pressure, whether in the
    form of threats or in any other form, sufficient to cause a woman of ordinary
    good character and normal firmness of mind, placed in
    the circumstances in which the woman was placed, to conduct herself in the
    manner charged.

Using physical force is assault (s. 31 Crimes Act) and threats of assault is also a degree of Assault down here. Again I am not familiar with US Criminal Law in regards to that though.

2. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

Here Assault and Battery are two different things reference physical force. Example: I throw a punch and hit the guy in the face... thats Battery, but if I throw a punch and miss ( no contact )... that's Assault. That all being said... I want Jones on the team and love what he does on the field, but from day one he represented himself in a bad lite.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Titanpride has it right on US coercion. And it is all that pacman is charged with, just 2 counts of it.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Some of the perks of becoming a Titans fan is you learn a lot about the law and medical issues.

5. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

lol...and don't forget you learn to speak Fisher, which rivals some politicians.

6. Titanmc

Titanmc Starter

7. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

I thought this was a thread on how Pacman is mistreating his lawyer...:rolleyes:

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Pac's lawyer is right on this one. They published the warrant before it was even issued. That wouldn't happen with anyone who wasn't a celebrity, because it's basically illegal. Then it also created the impression that the warrant had been out there longer, and Pacman wasn't turning himself in, when in fact he did exactly what the LVPD expected him to do. This is some serious grandstanding by the DAs office.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

There are so many "breaches of protocol" with the handling of this case, I'll be surprised if it ever makes it to trial. I'm smelling dismissal before opening statements are heard.

I'll be interested to see how quickly this occurs.

10. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

I know for a fact that local media have been calling and keeping in contact with the Las Vegas police department to get updates on the charges.

The warrant and details were released to the media BEFORE it was signed and "officially" a warrant. The media knew about the warrant BEFORE Manny and Pac. Also, Pac was given less than 24 hours to turn himself in. A non-celebrity person would have been given at least 72 hrs., however Pac had to get on a plane to Vegas immediately and wanted to turn himself in immediately for fear that it would be presented that he was avoiding turning himself in.

No matter your personal feelings about Pac, he is being treated unfairly. The media is being notified BEFORE his legal team is being notified.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar