Asante Samuel

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Two Kings, Mar 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Yes he was. Casey and he were the best two. But Casey is still the best IMO. I'm just expecting big things from him.

2. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

If Samuel came in and gave us 3 solid years and helped pave the way for a young guy like Campbell or Hawkins, wouldn't it be worth it?

What is his cap number anyway? I know he said he'd restructure, but what kind of a contract does he have now?

3. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

9.9/year I believe

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

He's under a 6 year/$56M contract with the Eagles - two years remaining. He's due $9.9M for the 2012 season - probably similar salary in 2013.

Everyone keeps bringing up how he's just as expensive as Finnegan and it makes no sense. Total money remaining on Finnegan's contract: $50M. Total money remaining on Samuel's contract: ~$20M. Sure, the yearly salary is basically the same, but the commitment isn't.

5. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Regardless of money, I would say its about the draft pick more than that, no?

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I see our CB group like I see our WR group, we are good as is but we are screwed if one of our starters goes down. Samuel and McCourty starting with Verner playing nickel would be a strong group. And Verner could fill in if either of them are out.

Sure giving up a pick to get him isn't popular but you have to give up quality to get quality.

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

That's not too bad of a history.
    Piller was a quality starter for awhile here. Erron Kinney and Chris Brown had a few great seasons (especially since Kinney was a huge guy, not a Jared Cook)

Cook, DWill and Casey have been good pickups, Stevens has not been bad.

I think that's a fairly good hit percentage.

Look at other teams 3rd round picks. You can't hit em all.. The elite talent is gone by the 2nd round. 3rd rounders are kind of in between the great talents and the practice squadders, I think we've done well for the most part.

If we;re judging by history, we're much better off trading our 1st round pick. We bust on those alot more than we do with pour 3rd round picks.Has anyone since 2000 not been a total bust?? Griffin, CJ, Bulluck? Those are the only 3 I can think of that have been good consistently for this team. And Griffin is not even very consistent. Nor was CJ last year, but I have some hope for him.

8. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Out of those...

Only Piller, Cook, Williams, and Casey are ones that I really like. Stevens is good in blocking but that is about it.

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

This is my problem with it. A 3rd round draft pick is a valuable asset. Toss out the fact that not all 3rd rounders turn out to be stars. That is irrelevant. It is very possible to draft a star player with a 3rd round pick. And it's a player you control (with a cheap contract) for more years than Samuel has left on his deal.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Cook is on that list and people are saying someone else is the best?

I like Casey... but I'm hoping that was an oversight. lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar