As much as I hate L White at times....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ammotroop, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bobo, try reading my damn posts because i said lendale wasn't = to eddie just not that different as a runner and not that less productive.

Eddie was handed the RB job on a platter his rookie year while lendale was playing behind travis henry. The difference between lendale so far in his career and eddie in his best years96-2000 is 3 inches per carry.

As to eddie being "not the same". Normally when we refer to a player as being past his prime we are talking about the last 10-20% of a career but eddie was "not the same" for 38% of his carries! Do we just **** can 38% of his career and not count that?

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Eddie george in his prime....an average season

357 carries..............1374 yards.....8.4 TDs

Lendale white career 302 carries........1111 yards....7td

Lendale White projected over 357 carries....1320 yards.....8.3Tds

Wow big diff there 54 yards and .1 TD! But eddie was God almighty and lendale an out of shape turd!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Isn't part of the issue that White's numbers would drop if he had to make as many carries as George did in a season?

The guy had to come out Sunday during crunch time just because he had seven carries in-a-row. He was chewing up the Chargers but got gassed. Brown, with a mild concussion, comes in and goes for one yard setting up the third-and-4.

You couldn't have gotten Eddie out of the game in that situation.

I hope he can do it in time but White shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Eddie in his prime.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Jeff,

lendale is averaging 18.5 carries a game, eddie in his prime averaged 22.3 carries a game. If he averages 20 per for the rest of the season he will have 301. Not a huge difference there but if eddie lost effectiveness because he carried the ball too much then the coaches are to blame.

In any event you are dealing with theory not actual facts. And seriously i doubt of eddie carried the ball more than 7 straight plays very often in his career.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Interesting... Eddie george averaged 22 carries a game in his career. We have a theory that lendale couldn't hack that many carries. But the 7 carries jeff makes reference to were lendale's 22nd thru 28th carries of the game! Lendale was running effectively past that eddie average!

Lendale ran the ball 7 straight times against an almost goaline like defense with almost every carry in the red zone. Yet this theoretically exhausted fatass lendale gave us 4 yards a carry and within one yard of what should have been a game winning TD. :rolleyes:

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Some more eddie-lendale comparisons...

Number of carries for each first down..
    Eddie 5.15
    Lendale 5.3

Carries for every run over 20 yards..
    Eddie 62.9
    Lendale white 60.9

All stats of eddie are just for the years 1996-2000. If lendale white is the slowest back in league history than what does that say about eddie who gets a 20+ run even less frequently?

Interesting; lendale has 4 20+ runs this season in 241 carries. In 2000 eddie had the same numbers of 20+ carries in 403 carries.

7. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Lmao

Listen guys, We know LenDale isnt the prototype when it comes to how a rb should be shape wise, but he gets the job done very well. Eddie will always be known as a very good rb, LenDale can do the same, mayb better over time:))

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Tide, I am not bashing White. But surely you are not ready to "crown his arse" and call him Eddie's equal based on two seasons.

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I still think it's just about pointless to compare EG in his prime to EG when he was half himself. Eddie wasn't a typical case, so who cares how you normally compare players in decline. Go ahead, throw out more #'s, more %'s.....are you an accountant or statistician? :lol:

I thought it was obvious what I was pointing out about making pointless arguments. Maybe I didn't make the point clear, or you just disagree. What I bolded in your post is exactly what I was referring to when I said it'd be pointless for someone to make an arguments based off of a comparison of EG's and LW's first two years. Same type of thing as comparing ypc over 9 years when a guy only played 5 years at a high level.

I see EG as better than some stats would point out. You seem to be saying EG is a little better, but only as much as the stats convey. That's two differing opinions, and there's really nothing more to go over about it.

The real issue is this team now, how it's built, what Fisher wants to do, and how to make it better. Having a better RB is the best solution I see, and the easiest. Whether it be by getting LW in better shape or replacing him.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Earth to bobo.

Every stat comparison i have made between lendale and eddie used ONLY eddie's so called good years, 1996-2000. Go back and read. I would be glad to take eddie's total stats and run them if you like for comparison.

That's the point we need to make about eddie george is that even in his prime years he wasn't much more than lendale is now and was even less than that for 38% of his career..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar