As much as I hate L White at times....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ammotroop, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I didn't say lendale was 100% equal to eddie because eddie brought a lot of things to the team but as runners not a big difference there. Eddie's biggest number year sported a ypc the same as lendale's career mark. We can live in some fantasy time warp but eddie george played in 9 seasons in this league and had a ypc below 4 in 7 of them.

Again in color and bold letters for emphasis eddie george played in 9 seasons in this league and average 4 yards a carry in just 2 of them!

I may add that eddie's highest ypc ever in his long successful career was 4.1 ypc. The legendary chester taylor has a career 4.3 ypc..

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

he never spit on a teammate.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

To add, I believe LenDale can be much more productive touchdown-wise than Eddie.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I think the same, both about LenDale's shape, and RB as a priority position. I'll say it couldn't hurt to add Turner, but I think you're creating a definite controversy if you do. Hopefully Henry is a little more prepared next year. If so, we'll be fine.

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

It's not all YPC, but we all know how Roll Tide can quote stats with the best of em :ha:

EG played in 9 seasons with only a 4ypc twice? Wow! Well forget the last 4 years, he was not the same.

If someone wants to throw out stats that have no relation to any reasonable argument, they could say " EG did more in his rookie year than LW did in his first two years combined." But again, looking at the whole picture, that would prove nothing.

Now back to LW. I think both the Chris's have looked better when they got their shots than LW. I think I have seen enough to firmly believe Chris Brown is a better runner. He's even getting lower and running with more power this year....but he still can't stay healthy. We can't count on him ever being the man.

Henry has shown much more speed and wiggle than LW. He has run hard too. Maybe not the pile pusher LW is, but maybe just as good at breaking a tackle (which wouldn't be great for either guy). Still a lot to be seen from this guy, and I sure would have wanted to have seen him more in the games he's played.

I'm not surprised at Fish giving LW the most shots, it seemed most logical. And I wouldn't be surprised if Fish sticks with LW next year. But if LW doesn't come in in much better shape, I'd show no favor to LW at all after this year's total performance. I'd let him, CH, and whoever #3 is battle it out for the #1 spot. And I'd be considering a serious upgrade at that #3 spot.

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Bring on the controversy then :yes: Who is Lendale? He is not to this team what Eddie George was. Or Steve McNair was. Or Frank Wycheck was. Or Keith Bulluck is.

He's a guy who's been here 2 years, hasn't established himself as a very good player (at least not to me) has come in out of shape, spit on a teammate, and hopefully I can't think of anything else negative to say :lol:

He hasn't earned anything special in the NFL, and shouldn't be treated with any kind of reverence.

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

A USC thug? :grrhee:

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

:werd:

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Another negative! :lol:

All jokes aside, one more negative, too many lost fumbles. Not that I would get real bent out of shape about that, but still not going in the plus column.

Having said all I have, I really do hope he can have 3 good games in a row to finish the season. It'd make me feel a little better about him, but the year so far can't be forgotten.

10. jose7

jose7 Camp Fodder

Chris Henry is our man next year...I hope.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar