As long as we are winning Collins will stay the QB.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Dec 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I remember when Fisher said that, so what happens if we are forced to pass the ball Sunday and still cannot get it done? Does Fisher have to make a move at the QB position? Collins has shown some slow down in the last 3 games and if it happens again what do you think will happen? Would Fisher hope Collins does ok in the playoffs or does the fresh and rested VY return for the Colts game and readies for the playoffs? Whats your thoughts?

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

We aren't winning. We lost to the Texans. So anything is possible. I think Bud Adams made it perfectly clear that VY is the future of this franchise, whether we like it or not. Soooo....the question is, after the season, do we get rid of Kerry or do we keep him? I think Vince Young will be the starter next season simply because we've paid the guy 30 million dollars guaranteed money, we need SOMETHING from him.

3. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

For all I care, KFC could get on all fours and poop the ball out of his *** for interception after interception.. and still I wouldn't ask for Vince to take his place. It was KFC and a solid defense that got us to the playoffs in the first place. This is his year and he's played his heart out and stood up to the challenge when Vince gave up on us and couldn't handle the criticism.

Maybe next year, but 2008 is KFC's year.

Besides.. if Fisher really cared for Vince's future with the Titans, he certainly wouldn't risk throwing Vince into a position to lose a playoff game and once again be blamed by the fans.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

also very true. It is KFC's team this season...its all on him.

5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Maybe, but Fisher did say as long as we are winning. If he holds true to his word then you have to wonder what happens if we lose to the Steelers due to a bad offense effort.

6. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Fisher...true to his word? Been a fan long???????!!!!! I got this bridge for sale.......

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

I don't think it was so much Collins that got us to the playoffs. Yes, he had a role in getting us where we are now but he isn't the main reason we are where we are. Our passing game is only responsible for 11 touchdowns and our run game is holding down 22 touchdowns. If Collins comes out Sunday looking like he has the last few games then I say play VY next week and get him ready for the playoffs.

8. vyisgr8t

vyisgr8t Guest

i think Jeff may use the packages for VY this week against Pittsburgh if Kerry starts slow again, and if they work and VY does what he does best, then the quarterback controversy may force Jeff to make the switch. I just wanna beat Pittsburgh, watever helps us win is good. But i would love to c VY take the game over and help us win, but thats just me.

9. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

I would like Vince to get in for the simple fact of getting the team pumped up as a change of pace. And, it would make defenses have to spend more time game planning for the playoffs not knowing what in the hell to expect.

He can be VERY dangerous to the other team if used in the right way. However, he can be VERY dangerous to this team if used in the wrong way.

10. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

We would not be where we are now if it wasn't for Collins. VY was booed off the field by the fans who were tired of his bad offense.
    Our lack of a top notch reciever is part of our problem. Since Fisher lead the Houston Oilers, his top recievers have been tightends and so it's true again this year. For some odd reason, he does not value the position. How many seasons did we start and not know who the #1 reciever was.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar