As a Colts fan, the "Fire Fisher" talk puzzles me.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Luv_PonyExpress, Oct 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

2. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Ding ding ding !!!

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

As a Texan fan, you should know your only chance at winning games is if Fisher is coaching the opposing team.

So be happy we've got him or you'd never win again.

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I don't give a damn what you Colt fans are puzzled about...Peyton is puzzled about his sexuality, concern yourself with that...

5. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Gayton would b*tch slap you.:yes:

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

TurboLolz

7. Patssuck

Patssuck Camp Fodder

fixt*

8. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Nah, his forehead would get in the way, and then he would start whining about something or another instead.

9. ChattTitansFan

ChattTitansFan Practice Squad

I want to say first and foremost, I am a Titans Fan and have been since the Oiler years, and it pains me to see the organization struggling the way they are.

With that out of the way, let's be realistic here. The playoffs is not an option this year (insert Jim Mora's famous "Playoffs" rant), and with there being so many FAs at the end of the season, and I don't see the FO forking out the bucks to keep them here. So are they shooting for a high pick (QB) in the Draft? They have to know that the season is all but over for the Titans, unfortunately. I love Fisher, and I really think that he is a good guy, but enough is enough. It's obvious we are not going to win a SB with Fish at the helm. The NFL is now a business of "what have you done for me lately" type of business. Sure, Fisher has a winning record (albeit a small winning percentage), but when it counts the most, he chokes. Yes, I understand that, for example, the two fumbles that cost us the Playoff win against the Ratbirds, were because of poor execution. But Fisher is ultimately responsible for the team, and there is no excuse. However, as long as Bud Adams is running the show, he will continue to show his "loyalty" to an average coach, record wise. Please don't read this and think that I am bashing him, because that is not my intention at all, I'm just trying to think realistically. IMO, we are at the beginning stages of a rebuild, and if that's the case, then I believe that it's time to clean house. I'm not an expert, of course, but that's just my opinion.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

;)

My point being, with Marino & then Levy is, a championship doesn't make a great player, team or coach. If Cowher had left the Steelers with no championship he would still be a great coach. On the other hand take Barry Switzer he has a Superbowl but is not a great or even good NFL coach.

I think Fisher is a great coach, championship or not. He's done a lot with little to do with at times, and vice versa, bounced from pillar to post during the move from Houston and kept it together, and stayed here through thick and thin. Sure, he does things that make us wonder WTF was that???? But, we all do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar