Article: Volek blew it

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Starkiller, Sep 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I was pissed that we didn't get rid of him when we could've actually got something for him. I was never adamant about keeping Volek. I never thought he was anything more than a back-up that knew the system and I still don't.

Yep, now go back and post all of Billy's wins. Notice that Collins actually has some wins.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Still he has a "whopping" 3 winning seasons out of 11...

3. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Collins 3, Volek 0

What else?

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Vigsted...

The packers pulling their starters early would have benefited collins not volek. Collins was playing the second quarter.

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Umm, you do know Volek hasn't even had the chance to start for a whole season, right? So any direct comparison on winning seasons, or even wins in general is right out the window due to lack of data on Volek.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

That settles it...

Being an annual loser 73% of the time is better than a guy who was never a loser. Right rcaries? When did volek ever "lead" a team to a losing season? He was steve mcnair's backup!

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Am i the only one?

Collins should start because he is bigger and a better blocker right? There are at least 3-4 reverses we might run this year in which a QB block would come in handy and the gigantic macho collins could be like a pulling guard! Can't you just see collin's with his 9.5 speed pulling out and really reaming a little cornerback? Volek can't do that!

I can't think of a single thing that collins can do better so let's use that one. Collins a jim everett wannabee!

8. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Your the one that threw the season win record out there. He hasn't started for a season because everytime he gets the chance to start he sucks. You see, that's how guys earn their spot. They get put in and then they play well. They don't panic and get sacked in the endzone.

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

You must have a bad memory if you can't remember that Steve McNair, the franchise player of the Titans, was the #1 quarterback in all those seasons Volek was here. No way he would start over him and no way Collins would either.

10. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Never a loser??? How about never a winner! That's more like it. My point is that he has never done anything to earn the starting position other than just being on the team and that's not good enough. When he's in the game we suck. I don't need a stat book to tell me that. Defenses never need to worry that he might use his athletic ability to make a play because he never does. Not that Collins is gong to run on people but he's more athletic than BV. That's why he's been a starter and BV's been a back-up. It's not really that hard.
    Billy has played absolutely terrible this pre-season. Against first string D's, we managed to get one (that's right, one!) TD with Volek behind center. That doesn't cut it. I'm tired of this team sucking and I'm tired of watching BV make us suck even worse. If he out plays Collins and wins the starting spot than he'll deserve but I'm not conceding the spot to him just because he's been on the team as long as he has.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar