Article: Volek blew it

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Starkiller, Sep 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

You again find a way to twist words to suit your own needs. It's really pathetic and now obvious to everyone who reads anything you post here. Any valid comments you make get totally overshadowed.

I would love to see you point to anything I said which stated "Volek sucked". I never said Collins was better. I did say PRESEASON stats don't matter and, if you've read anything I've posted on Fisher for a while, you know I don't think Fisher's decisions are always right.

What a waste of time responding to you has become.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

No, it's an argument that Collins hasn't done anything that makes him a better quarterback for the Titans at this moment.

3. If nothing else, his leadership skills and over a decade of NFL experience is what makes him the better QB. Collins isn't a great QB, but he certainly is more of a sure thing than Volek.

Personally I think Volek is a poor man's Kerry Collins. If that's true, they why not just use the real thing?

4. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

His leadership?

I am not sure where you get that but his leadership has been questioned by team mates and coaches on every team he has been on.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Sec...

Who ever made the argument that collin's stats are good and that they are better than mcnair's? Where does that come from? A quality nfl QB will regularly have a passing rating in the mid 80s range. Collins' career passing rating is 73.

People bash micheal vick for not being an effective passer(rightfully so) but vick is more effective than collins.

Collins' stats are bench material! He's not an effective passer and he sure in the hell can't do anything else.

Career passing ratings
    Billy volek--87
    Brian griese-84
    John kitna--75
    Tim rattay--82
    charlie batch--77
    Patrick ramsey-75
    Kerry collins--73.7

Are you getting it now? Is it finally sinking in? That's not a hall of fame list i'm comparing him to there. They are bench warmers, bums! And all have higher rating than loser collins. Mcnair has a career passing rating 10 points hisger than collins and he was a great runner.

Someone needs to get a clue! Brian griese is a pro bowler compared to this piece of crap!

RED ALERT___RED ALERT someone save this football team from ruin now! I can't take another 5-11 season.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Collins' leadership!

8 losing seasons in 11 years!

Kerry collins is a poor mans tim rattay? John kitna?

Starkiller asks why wouldn't we want the real thing. Because the real thing sucks and loses!

RED ALERT kerry collins might be our starting QB. Nooooooooo!!! Mayday mayday someone send out an SOS, call 911 for a real coach!

7. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Volek hasn't even been a starter for a full season. Collins on the other hand has been the starter for plenty of losing seasons. Volek is a six year veteran, so the argument that Collins brings experience is pointless in my opinion - sure, he went to a SB, so what? He is washed up now. Should we bring Kurt Warner too?

8. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

The first TD by Collins to Moss was a tipped ball that only because Moss came back on the play tipped it to himself and then had the ability to catch a terrible pass that in all rights should have been picked. His numbers were bolstered by Moss. And Collins was the reason Moss got hurt in the first place. I posted the article in anther thread.

He does not call the plays but he decide which person he is going to throw to on which route. He always looks for the deep route never the middle guys that can get first downs. Then his first check down is always the back. He is not mobile enough to keep plays alive so its either a sack or a dump off. He was taken down 39 times in 15 game and had 13 fumbles, what do you think is going to happen with our O-line? I am guessing more sacks, more fumbles and more INTs.

In preseason when he threw that pass to LW near the goal line the one that was behind him? That is just typical KC. Does not lead the guy enough or put the pass where only his guy can get it. I know it is only one play but it just seemed to me anyways to represent everything I have ever seen that guy do.

Amani Toomer and Ike have both been behind some poor QBs. Just look at there history. Dave Brown 54.6%, Danny Kannell 51.4%, Collins 55.6%, Manning 51.6%. I went to high school with Amani Toomer, he is awesome. You put him under a good QB who can get a pass to his WR and he would put up some amazing numbers. Ike is a decent #2 and has been his entire career. He is not great but does his job.

9. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

And You would rather have Volek who sucks more and has never won. Smart decision. :gag: Hard to believe you are waisting this much time defending a guy who has failed every chance he's been given to start. I don't think anyone on here believes that Collins is, by any means, the answer to all of our prayers but he's the best we've got and your the only one that can't figure it out.

10. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

All this bickering back & forth about Billy vs. Kerry. Neither one is good enough to be our man long term. I still think Vince gives us the best shot at winning right now. Trade or cut Billy and let him move on. Collins is only a one-year deal anyway. If he can be Vince’s “Neil O’Donnell” keep him around as a #2 for a couple of years. Start Vince day one and let him learn on the go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar