Article: Volek blew it

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Starkiller, Sep 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Bring in a washed up vet QB 10 days before the start of the season and let him start? What do you think? The only salvation for this decision is Collins might be adequate enough to get us a win if we can run the ball and play defense. Still, Volek could have done that. The main edge Collins brings is he isn't as likely to get hurt.

2. Toly

Toly Free your mind

My thoughts exactly. I've liked everything Fisher has done ever since he became the coach, but this move got me scratching my head.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Jeff...

Oh fisher announced that collins will be starting? Why isn't on gotitans page one? As a news item not a so called staff report. You said He prefers collins over volek. I'm amazed that fisher has allowed you and starkiller access to their personal conversations you guys seem to know everything.

And since fisher is god like in all his decisions who are we to disagree right even though we have a forum here to give OUR opinions.

Volek's preseason performance matters because people are assuming he has sucked. This is a board full of sheep who just flock together and assume things, vague theories and generalities. What is wrong with breaking down his ACTUAL PERFORMANCE in games to determine whether he sucked or not? Where you at every practice taking notes on volek?

As far as vanilla defense is concerned we are also playing a vanilla offense. Every QB plays against vanilla defenses jeff not just billy volek.

Break down your arguments and you get something like this. Volek sucked. Collins is better. Stats don't matter and fisher's decision is always right even though he hasn't announced who will start yet. Not very analytical jeff.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Toly...

I've liked everything Fisher has done ever since he became the coach
    ------------------------------

What about schwartz?

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Soxcat...

Jeff fisher is one of the gretest coaches in franchise history along with wally lemm and bum phillips. He has willed this team to victory with very little talent 4 times in 11.375 seasons. How dare you to even question anything he has done even if he hasn't done it yet!

Starkiller and titan jeff have been to all the meetings, practices and even the bedrooms of fisher and chow. They know the scoop and you and i are just ignorant fans.

Got that! Good!

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think Fisher is doing whatever he can to save his job and the only way that happens is if he wins. Though I see this move as one of the more desperate ones since the team has been in Nashville, I think it points to how unhappy they must have been with Volek. Maybe one of these days we'll know the total story.

Notice no one is beating the doors down to trade for Volek?

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

No, I think he's just a sucker for veterans, regardless of how well they play.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Because no one in their right mind waits until a week or 2 before the season kicksoff to sign a starting quarterback, or at least as competition for the starting spot.

9. Is that supposed to be some kind of argument that Volek is the better QB?

10. Toly

Toly Free your mind

While I agree that Schwartz has been an average DC at best, I refuse to blame him for all of the Titans' defensive struggles like a lot of people seem to do in these forums. The fact is that there have been plenty of defensive players under performing in almost every game for the last couple of years. When "professional" football players can't accomplish simple basic things like tackling for one, there's not much you can do as a coach, other than maybe enter the game and do it yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar