Article: Vince Young had no interest in Collin's advise

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

can't nobody tell me nothing! :ha:

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Free Agent Derrick Brooks - "I didn't want to have any setbacks by playing in the Pro Bowl.'' That alone is why the league is changing more today than ever, not necessarily the young fools of league not maximizing on opportunities by paying attention to detail. But the fact that players aren't so enthusiastic about the Pro Bowl anymore is one of many signs that the game has changed. I am not a huge fan of the Pro Bowl either, but it is the NFL's All-Star game, so I do watch.

Now in a day where players care more about their Madden ratings than winning we shouldn't be so shocked if these millionaire rookies don't bother with these vets anymore. Why would they, these up incoming players are more covered by the media than any vet ever was. The exposure has really altered these guys minds. These days high schools are being put on ESPN and in SI so to those open eyed teens being on T.V. at 16/17 their like (we're the shiit fukc whatcha heard, why should we listen to some dried up has-beens). I for one would pick the brains of these proven soon to be NFL legends 24/7 365.

The piece of the article stating - "Vince Young should suck up all the knowledge Kerry Collins has to offer! There's no better role model for him.'' I would only hope he was smart enough to take advantage of that. I'm also pretty sure he was pissed off about the whole thing happening the way it did and didn't want to be bothered by Collins at times. However knowing how Vince's personality is, I know he is interested in bettering himself. No matter what any article says.

P.S. Derick Brooks,
    The United Football League is starting up, and so far several NFLers will be there.

3. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

That's so sig-worthy

4. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

your right...it is...:grrhee:

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

6. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Seems to contradict what Fisher said about Vince being the Titan's QB of the future.
    Given their credibility, Imma go with Fish on this one.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Fish also said cryptically almost the same thing Clayton is saying here - around the time they re-signed Collins..

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

John Clayton on Vince and others;
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...ohn&id=4277310

I certainly wouldn't expect the Titans to move Vince now or even down the road. As long as he's the back-up and not any thing less, I feel they'll retain Young until his contract is up. There is a lot of hope in his potential in Tennessee.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

As has been discussed, MANY TIMES, Cruds is right, he'll be way to expensive after this season unless he restructures, and I doubt he'd want to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar