Arthur Smith is a Big Issue!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thanos22, Nov 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bucky0782

Bucky0782 Starter

Again, the problem ISN'T the multitude of individual items listed throughout the thread, the problem is that everything we're complaining about in week 10 are the SAME issues we identified after the barely won week 1 game. Even after WINS we're here complaining about the defense, the kicker, the play-calling, the execution, the tackling, etc. We've had ONE really good performance all season, in literally EVERY OTHER game we've had substantial breakdowns in key areas.

This is the single biggest issue that I see...

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Defense is obviously the Achilles heal so far this year.

On offense Tannehill is 14th in total passing yards and 4th in TDs with only 3 ints. Henry leads the league in rushing with 8 TDs. We are 3rd in the league in scoring.

On the last two plays near the goal line where we failed on 4th down Tannehill had easy tosses available to the RB for TD scores.

Now on defense we can't do anything very well. We get gashed all game and can't get off the field. Imagine how many more points we could score if we had a better defense giving us the ball in better field position?

Part of that is personnel but obviously we have coaching issues since the personnel hasn't changed much. Getting healthy with Adoree would really help. IMO Vrabel is a real good HC but not a great DC.

3. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Buddy Henry has 40 more carries than any other back in the NFL. We're lucky he's not run into the ground already.

Jonnu just got a carry in the RZ literally last night, and in the past they design plays in the RZ just for him. If you think they're ignoring him you're lost.

The rest of the points I agree with but those two are ridiculous.

4. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Gonna be sad when Arthur Smith gets hired to be a hc and our next coordinator makes the offense look worse. Smith pretty much does everything you want out of a modern OC, lots of motion, lots of play action, roll outs etc. The fact hes taken this offense to a top 10+ level in just over 1 season of tannehill starting is pretty phenomenal

5. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

he has his moments, then he also has Vrabel-defense level of stupidity

Smith is too inconsistent, and can be hella predictable.. frequently

6. tyronecalico

tyronecalico Starter

Is it just me or do we have a lot of single wr formations where it's either Raymond/Batson as the lone wr out there?

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The biggest problem from Thursday was not getting Brown involved. He needs 10 targets a game. Force the ball to him. I don’t care if we pass the ball 20 times. That means half the targets go to him.

You know who we should not be featuring? Anthony Firkser. I don’t understand Art’s infatuation with him. He’s good for what we invested in him. He should not be our go-to guy when things get tough.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

No where did I say we are ignoring Jonnu, I said we need to use him more. Since week 5 hes had an average of3 targets a game. Not enough imo, he can open things up for Brown and Davis. Jonnu between the 20s is more than a TE..use him as such.

Granted I didnt look up Henry's carries vs the rest of the league, seemed to me the last few games hes not used enough at the goal line. Also, he had the big run of 26 the last game then they pulled him. Keep his rhythm going that's what I meant.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The other RBs are performing

No reason to overuse Henry if we dont have to

10. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Overusing him is different than not using him properly...we've lost 2 of the last 3, does it matter what the other RBs are doing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar