Arthur Smith is a Big Issue!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thanos22, Nov 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

With permission since the Chiefs had a bye.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

That’s not true at all. If teams wanted to see him win this game they would have waited for the results before requesting to interview him.

He’s been requested from every single team that has an opening. You don’t think he’s preparing for those?? Biggest job opportunity of his life.

3. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Yep agreed on all fronts except idk why Vrabel is being blamed for 1st down runs. He controls no part of the offense (except going for 2 and 4th down conversions).

4. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

I think Vrabel has more input on the offense than just that.

It's also been a recurrent theme in his three years as HC, the Titans run a ton on first down. When LaFluer was OC, the Titans ran a ton on first down as well. Heck, even the announcers mentioned that one of Vrabel's goals for the game was for Henry to get 30 carries. Despite what some people here think, Vrabel wants the offense to run through the ground game and for the passing game to feed off of that.

5. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Disagree. LaFluer came from an offense that ran to setup the pass. I don’t think Vrabel is the one pushing for 1st down runs. I think the OC’s we’ve had have tried to do that to setup PA.

Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn’t. But to not be able to adjust is the most concerning thing to me. We have to be able to adapt to what defenses are throwing at us.

Baltimore has a solid defense. Cant underestimate that but today was a pitiful effort all the way around.

6. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

I agree, the lack of adjustments were alarming, especially given it was a playoff game. Unfortunately, lack of adjustments were a theme throughout this season and prevalent on both sides of the ball. Have to remember, Arthur Smith is only a second year OC and Vrabel is only a third year HC whose previous DC experience was a disaster. Maybe that was a factor in the lack of adjustments, but it also reeks of stubbornness.

All around, who would have thought the defense would actually play average, giving the offense a chance to win? Of course, this is the game where the offense scores its lowest point total of the season. Fitting end to the season if I do say so myself.

7. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Ravens knew BDH was getting the ball to set up anything else. On occasion, I think other offensive weapons need used to help out Henry. Today, would have like to see THill keep the ball on some more rollouts or options to Henry, he's got legs also.
    Not sure why, but the Titans have to be one of the worst screen teams in the league. Pressure was on THill most of the game and it didn't really seem like any play calls were made to even attempt countering the consistent pressure. Either draw plays or screens should be occasionally thrown in there. Even if not successful, it hopefully keeps the D thinking about it to make some room in the middle or slow the pass rush a little.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

So he’s preparing for job interviews instead of how to beat the Ravens last week? Riiiiiight.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Lol, his best job interview was yesterday! Smh

10. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

No I said he spent too much time preparing for interviews. Which is why the game plan was vanilla.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar