Arthur Smith interviewed with Jags right after loss

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dman5TX, Jan 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

I care because we lost because of his bum azz play calling yesterday. Kind of important. Unless you aren’t a titans fan.

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. McNair9

McNair9 Special Teams Standout

He deserves one of those bottom dwelling franchises with the way he called offensive plays yesterday

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  3. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Yeah I'm a conspiracy nut ; but tanking the offense so he can get the hell outta Nashville to get paid makes no sense.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  4. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

He didn’t “tank” he just didn’t put as much time and prep as normal because of these interviews.

Im not saying he lost the game on purpose but it absolutely explains why the offense looked so bad on Sunday.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

Running Derrick Henry into an 8 man front over and over when AJ always has his man beat.

Never liked art... his bunch formations are stupid and he sucks

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 5
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Best offense the Titans have had since the franchise moved to Tennessee and fans are happy the OC might be leaving.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 7
    • LOL LOL x 2
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

he must have only prepped for one quarter then ; Tannehill looked like Joe Montana to start the game. After that .... not so much.

8. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

He didn’t want the team to lose or the titans to perform poorly on offense. But it’s absolutely clear that he was preparing for these interviews this week as well.

Im not saying the guy threw the game so he could get out of town but he clearly didn’t handle preparing for interviews and the game vs the Ravens well.

He was distracted thinking about all of the teams he was going to interview with. What city he wanted to move to. What situation was best for him. Doesn’t mean he wanted the Titans to lose....

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

And then Art made no adjustments for the rest of the game. I mean why not try the QB keep on a zone read with them crashing so hard on Henry in the run game??

He kept running almost every single 1st down. We’ve never seen our offense look that bad with Art calling plays. Looked like a preseason game honestly.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. CaptainInsano02

CaptainInsano02 Starter

I believe our top 3 offense was more a product of the talent of our players than it was the ingenuity of Art’s formations and play calls. I honestly think many different playcallers could have had success with our offense besides Art which is why I’d prefer he leave and we try out someone with a brand new philosophy and more aggressive approach to make our offense less one dimensional around running Henry up the gut followed by play action on bunched formations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar