Around the AFC South

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tricky, Apr 27, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

I still say the reason for sports injuries sky rocketing is related to the 'dresses' that players wear and turf/court structure.. take the NBA, whom when you look around the league, every NBA player but one out of like 15 wears dresses, or leg tights.......... not being able to let your muscles BREATHE cannot be good for the tension it's under... when it's covered up it stays hot ---- any of you know what happens to a fire when you throw a blanket over it?.... I rest my case.... If there are medical reports out there saying "sleeving the joints" help - I will fight and die on the hill that they are wrong.....

and in football it is more related to the massively bad idea from the start, of schools and franchises switching to synthetic turf....

Recurrent Anterior Cruciate Ligament Tears in the National Football League: A Case-Control Study - PMC (nih.gov)

2. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

I really hope this is sarcasm... but in case it's not, just a reminder that muscles don't need to breath. Your lungs do a perfectly good job of taking in oxygen and your vascular system distributes that oxygen to the rest of the body.

If your theory were correct, hockey players would just keel over instantly.

Compression sleeves are helpful in the sense that they can add external support to relieve a little bit of stress from tendons and joints. It's not a long term fix, but just that little bit of support can go a long ways.

I do agree that the synthetic turf leads to more injuries. It allows guys much more traction, which increases the impact and torque they can put on joints and tendons. It's just so much harder on the body.

Hopefully some of the new turfs can fix that. They need allow just the smallest amount of slip so guys feet don't get caught, but not enough where guys are falling down.

3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Basically somewhere between Kendall Wright and teddy Bridgewater.

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. Broken Arrow

I 100 percent disagree with you.

Your muscles do not need to breathe when compressed not in full rotation -- but when you wrap everything in ROBIN HOOD MEN IN TIGHTS CRAP, you are giving your muscles & cartliage no room for a safety blanket. And that is where the enormous uptick in ACL injuries comes from in the NBA... and makes it even worse considering the area they play on is a HARDWOOD FLOOR -- and in the NFL it comes from the same thing, but with the same areas in question having no richochet and driven into synthetic fiber.

That and the shoes in the NBA does NOT HELP either, with most of the jordans and nba star made shoes having extended shoe rear supports --- leading to more rolled ankles --- the shoe wants to stay one way, and the ankle flips to another.

As for Hockey Players... you do realize a LINE of hockey players only stays on the ice for about 2-3 mins in spurts right?... coupled with 2 20 min intermissions

5. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Is this conjecture?

6. Broken Arrow

factual anaolgies.. lol

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

8. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Fisher thought that about LeGarrette Montez Blount.

I was so pissed about that. How stupid was Fisher for thinking that.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar