Aren't you glad we didn't do this in round two?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by GLinks, May 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. off topic here, but who is that in your avater Puck

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

thats my 3 year old nephew

he's a trip :ha:

he's having a blast spilling people's drinks
    (from the look on my kids face it musta been hers)

Attached Files:

3. im glad we didnt do that, passing on a back that reminds people of Eddie and has the potential to be an All-Star back for a player that has Excellent Return Skills but no one really know what postition Hester will play. not to mention he is a project at whatever postion whether its CB or WR

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

he actually reminds me more of Jerome Bettis
    except that I think he has better feet and possibly vision than Bettis

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Hester in the 2nd rd?

As a corner prospect he was similar to wadell. Worthy of maybe a 4th rd pick. It was the return ability that moved him up but still seems like a major reach in rd 2.

NFL draft countdown had him rated as their 20th best corner. Great blue north didn't even have him that high. There is a possibility he could have been a project contributor at WR. Good speed at 4.45 but not comparable to his team mate sinorice moss.

Yikes!

Edit note: He was considered the best return man in the draft.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The comparisons to Waddell might be valid except Hester may have been more of an offensive threat. Still, quite a reach in the 2nd.

7. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

White's work ethic also came into question.

I am sure most of you watched the draft but they did a special on White at the end of the 1st round.

If you heard his answers to the all important question: "why do you think that you have not been taken yet"

A polite piss off came from his mouth.

He is hungry to show every team that passed up on him exactly what they passed on. He could not have gone to a better team IMO. His first college coach, a shakey RB situation and not allot of media pressure like in NY, Phili or some place like that.

8. berkmanmvp2

berkmanmvp2 Guest

lendale was our best pick of this draft -- until further notice :)

9. smili

smili Starter

What's interesting is that Waddell was regarded to be a fine return candidate but did almost none of it for us. I could be mistaken, but I think pretty early on in camp he was removed from return duties.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I thought he returned a bit the season before last.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar