Are you sure CB is not one of our top 2 needs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bigreese82, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Pass on Justin King. Super fast and athletically gifted with above average size but something isn't there. IDK what happened to him but he got torched every week. He's another Woolfolk.

If we don't take Cason or a CB in the 1st we mine as well wait until the 4th round and take a guy like Tyvon Branch or Jack Williams I'm high on both of them and see them being very good. After our 1st pick there isn't a CB worth taking until later they will be taken.

Combine shows how athletic you are not how good you will be at all.

2. imbread

imbread Starter

all this talk about getting a corner makes me think just keep pacman, and please please dont give him away for a lame draft choice..

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Pac?
    yeah
    he's a top 10 corner
    a top 5 returner
    and a top 2 headache

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

who's first?

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

T.O. More time-in-position. ^

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

You guys should look into Terrence Wheatley from Colorado. He's kind of like a Pacman clone without the problems. Quick twitch guy. About 5'9" 187 with 4.37 speed. Ideally, we'd get him in the third, but don't know if he'll be there late in that round. I think he would be the ideal corner for us if we couldn't get Rodgers-etc.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Porter is fast, but if he can't tackle, he might as well be Rey Hill, AFAIC.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Finally, I'm kind of keen to see how Eric King has developed. Maybe he's come on at the right time. Guess we'll begin to find out this summer.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Roger Goddell ?

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gunny, good point because we do have to wonder how a tough kid like that with that kind of speed lasted so long but he went to a very small school and he played safety there. The concern as to whether he could go from small school safety to nfl cb kept him on the board.

I'm glad we took a shot at him..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar