Are you sure CB is not one of our top 2 needs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bigreese82, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scottieboy97

scottieboy97 Guest

i think if we sign jake scott we wont have to look for OL til the second day of the draft.. also if we sign eugene wilson that gives us some depth in the secondary allowing us to focus in more on WR and the defensive line.

i really like the idea of drafting desean jackson out of cal. the kid is quick as h*** and can return as well. also it would give the offense an option of running reverses and screens because anyone that saw him play in college knows he has some moves.

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

We need depth, the starters are ok. Who after Bulluck and Thornton do we feel ok about? Who after Al and Brown do we feel ok about? Who after Hope and Griffin do we feel ok about? Who after Harris and Amano do we feel ok about? Who after Lendale do we feel ok about?

I'd put d-line above CB for importance to this team. What we need to obviously upgrade is offensive weapons. That could be starters or even guys who take on a more significant role than a backup CB. That could be a few different positions. CB is a need, and maybe depending on who's there early, we'd may take on. I can't say it's our 2nd biggest need, and who's available in either FA or the draft plays heavy into the decisions on which players to get.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Very good analysis. We probably are not in as bad of shape at S because they seem to like Lowry and he played fairly well last year although not great. He also showed he can play both S spots.

Assuming we do beef up on the DL in what is left of FA CB could be one of the highest priorities in this draft. Real good DL and CBs are positions we might have to look to early because we can find decent depth at RB and OL later in the draft. It woldn't shock me if we went DL and CB in the first two rounds.

4. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

What about Lito Sheppard? Maybe a trade of some sort?

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Again, Pac is done here and has nuthin to do with his playing abilities.

6. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

So we trade him away for a meaningless draft pick in the later rounds and watch him go to another team where he could possibly return to being one of the top young corners/kick returners in the league? If he is allowed to return at all why should we trade away one of the few gamebreakers we actually have?

If him and his agent agree to restructure his contract in a way that protects the Titans if he should get into any more legal trouble, I really don't see any reason why he should be traded for anything less than a 2nd/maybe 3rd round pick.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I consider Pac gone and I still don't consider CB as one of our top 2 needs.

Like others said, if the right guy is there, we draft CB in the first round though. But I still think DE, DT, WR, and maybe OG are bigger needs at the moment.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Cason might be a reach at 24. Great blue north only rate him as the 9th best prospect at the position and nfl draft countdown 6th. NFL draft scout does have him 4th but even if he is the 4th best still a bit of a reach there. Doubtful he would drop to us in the 2nd but you never can tell and if he is close to us in rd 2 he is worth moving up for.

I doubt cromartie will still be around with that 40 time of his. I love porter in rd 2 for us..

9. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Cason is a very good CB going under the radar because some kids are making some noise like DRC, Talib, and Jenkins. Cason has just been quite but look at the production, stats, measurables they are at the top.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

am i the only one not impressed with talib?

i know he timed well, but he doesn't look like the fastest guy when he's on the field.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ek0ANQ8bRfo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ek0ANQ8bRfo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar