Are you ready to party!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by fitantitans, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Mardi gras is about two months off, and neither the NFL nor the city of New Orleans would be interested in having it there then. Too much else going on.

Draft time, as it has been for the last few years, might be a problem in New Orleans though. The last weekend in April and the first weekend in may are the weekends every year for the Jazz and Heritage Festival, one of the largest in the country, and possibly New Orleans' second largest event of the year. Unless the draft was the second to last weekend in April, that might prevent it from happening. Otherwise, April is a great time in New Orleans.

2. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

have you asked the NFL or New Orleans if they would be interested in having it then??? :)

3. GoTitans3801

Yes. I have.

Besides the sillyness of the question, there's no way the Draft could/would happen during mardi gras.

I was there for four years, I worked in the French Quarter and saw what it's like for the business people and non-tourists who make the money off of mardi gras, and all of the extra effort that has to go into making it work. The city can't spare the resources for the NFL draft, and wouldn't want to. Mardi gras is a huge part of the city's identity, and it wouldn't want to risk hurting mardi gras by bringing in the draft. The mardi gras crowd doesn't have much overlap with the draft crowd. Actually, most draft fans would love mardi gras, but most mardi gras participants are not big enough football fans to care about the draft.

I also saw how the city handled the superbowl. I was in New Orleans when the Pats won there. It was a good thing for the city, but the Draft doesn't have nearly the benefits, and doesn't compare to mardi gras.

As for the NFL, with the new emphasis on off-field conduct, as well as Pacman's incident happening to have occurred during all start weekend in vegas, don't think they'd risk merging the two. The NFL likes to have complete control of their events anyway, and they couldn't have that during mardi gras.

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Mardi Gras varies as to when it falls...

5. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

hes right...:yes:

6. GoTitans3801

That's true, because it revolves around lent and the easter calendar. It only moves around about a 3-4 week period though. You'll never find Mardi gras before late january or after the first week of march.

7. GoTitans3801

D@mn, DCTitan, did you really just decide to try and boost your post count as much as possible these last few days? You've almost entirely been posting one word responses or "I agree" type messages... at least add something to the converstation if you're going to use the bandwidth.

8. GoTitans3801

Not really fair to us... someone should talk to his parents... he clearly needs something to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar