Are you for or against the NFL eventually putting a team in another country?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, May 13, 2013.

?
  1. I am for the NFL putting a team in another country

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  2. I am against the NFL putting a team in another country

21 vote(s)
    75.0%
  3. Not sure

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Lots of players rent. They may own a house where they are from, but a lot don't buy houses in the town they play in since they could be cut/traded at any time. Also most leave in the off season anyway.

2. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Another thing to think about is taxes/ cost of living. A lot of European countries have much higher taxes than we do here, and the dollar isn't as strong as the pound for instance. Teams may have trouble getting FAs to come play for them.

On the flip side, your money would go further in mexico

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

There is no way an NFL team could make it in this state. Not unless Alabama and/or Auburn killed their football programs for it to happen.

4. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

As long as its the Ravens I am all for it. The farther away the better. Siberian Ravens...I like the sound of that.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Just schematically I'm against it; what division would they even be in? There isn't an AFC (really far) East. There would also be a huge timezone issue, plus I'd imagine that they would have a super difficult time luring FA's to Europe in order to sign thus giving them a competitive disadvantage.

If Gooddell really wanted to grow the NFL in Europe he would reestablish the NFL Europe and invest in youth groups to teach kids American Football and get them hooked at a young age.

6. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

HE'LL NOOOO!!! This is a game that was created here and there is no reason for players to have to make flights of that distance. I'm not even for giving Canada a team. American football is exactly what the name says and I'm all for other countries starting up their own leagues but not becoming a part of the NFL. I feel like we need to preserve the game not exploit it to other countries that 95% of their population won't watch just so Goodell can get a 5% raise that he doesn't need or deserve. All of these corporate gurus will stop at no end to make stupid money and all it will do is hurt this game and ruin the tradition it instills.

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

The biggest reason this is not happening? The NFLPA.....

8. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Screw that. We have enough wuss "L's" in our own country trying to pussify the league. Can you imagine if we had influence from other countries where the wussies outnumber the men?

F That!

9. GOFIGURETITANS

Are you insane? Players dont want to travel to oakland. You think they want to go to cartel central to get fn kidnapped for ransom?

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. GOFIGURETITANS

Long term world growth? Lol. Goodell sees his nfl losing in the end here because he keeps kissing the feet of those who wish to remove violence from the game. This is just a grasp at job security.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar