Are you a converted Texan?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, May 4, 2006.

?
  1. yes. I have dumped the cows for Vince and the Titans

66.7%
  2. yes. I have come back to "Luv Ya Blue" some more

66.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Ok all you newbies... this one is directed at you.
    Since Tennessee was slotted to draft at #3... this forums membership rolls are off the charts. I've never seen such Kool-Aide consumption...

I think it is awesome! I've got to know... tell us...
    Are you a ex-Texan convert?

I want your story, as long or as brief as you care to make it...
    Vince Young is a Tennessee Titan.

He is what we are going to build this franchise around for the forseeable future. I see all these new screen names like CapricornHorn... BlowDaHorn.. BustAHorn... MeSoHorny... you name it. It's freaky! This team is 9-23 over a two year span and everybody is trying to ride the Vince Young Fantastic Dream Machine... It's great... I know there are Longhorn Fans all over. I found one on the Concrete Board f2fa Eagles message board...

But I's got's to know!!! Are you new Titans fans ex-Oilers that are coming back to Luv Ya Some More Blue or are you just done with the Texans and going with the favorite son of Texas, Vince Young...

I understand any way you cut it... I just want to know who's who that's new and where they are at in this regard... Do you feel me? I welcome all new comers regardless of motive... even if they are Colts fans I'm glad they are here. I think it is awesome that any given afternoon lately there are 200 people surfing Titan Jeffs forum... that's awesome...

So, please come out and let us know about the Oilers, the State of Texas, Houston teams... Longhorns and Vince Young... Whatever your story is I want to hear it! I really do...

I understand the mentality that loves a NCAA player enough to become a fan of their pro team. I live in Chattanooga, Tennessee and let me tell you...

It is Big Orange Country around here... Peyton Manning straight up robbed the Falcons of fans... I get it... People here that didn't give a jack about the NFL all of a sudden were big time Colts fans...

I understand... When Manning was coming out the Titans were developing a new fan base... Manning being in Indy did not help that end at all. I remeber all the UT homer crap at work back in 1999...

Factor in the Houston Texans chronic failure... it makes sense.

I'm posting a poll here. It's public... Come out and we will give you a good old fashioned Tennessee Titans group hug...

I'm so glad Vince brought his own fans... I'm a fan of Vince and have been for some time now. Vince is awesome.

Please note that you may select both options.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

In less than fifty days goTitans has picked up 178 members.
    On March 21 there were exactly 2384 members.
    As of today there are 2562 or more. That averages well above 3 new members a day. Roughly 3.75 a day. And that is conservative/precise.

That is crazy short term growth.
    I'd just like to gage the scope of this Vince Young spike.

I'd really like to hear what anyone thinks of this phenomenon.

3. alzarius

alzarius Guest

TJ was handing out free TV's

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

now we have to wade through more useless post from Young's groupies:brow:

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

useless? :bs: NO WAY! How about all of your lynch P-man and hang McNair rhetoric crap? I like the influx hater man beer drinker nosebleed ticket holder guy. :brow: whatever. Everybody and their brother is going to show up at the Coliseum in a #10 jersey and you know it. Those posts aren't useless. Hell, I want to see more of them. I loved the post by the one dude who photoshoped out an avatar sized crop over where his face was. That was soooo funny. I really got a kick out of that.:lol: He ought to use that as an avatar. That would be hilarious.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Hey, the more the merrier, keeps things lively around here... Otherwise I have to stick my head in the video game thread every now and then and get confused...

7. aloving77

aloving77 Camp Fodder

I'm from Texas so I grew up as a fan of the cowboys, but when the Titans moved to Tennessee I started following them and became a fan of guys like Eddie and Steve. As soon as it looked like McNair was going to leave the team I started looking at gotitans.com for news and joined the forum. Drafting Young was just icing on the cake because I go to Texas Tech and he's been kicking our tails for a couple of years now, so now he won't be beating my college, and I can route for him in the pros.

8. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

I grew up an Oiler fan when Earl became an Oiler back in 78. As a 10 year old I could think of nothing but football and my hero Earl Campbell. I was a diehard Oiler fan for many years, throught the Ed Biles years, Huge Campbell and Warren Moon, I watched choke after choke after choke. And then the Oilers left to Tennessee and I was heart broken. To be honest to this day I have not watched an NFL game since the Oilers left. Not even super bowls

The only reason I am coming back to the NFL is Vince Young. I decided that if I were to ever watch the NFL again it would only be as a fan of Young and the team he went to.

So fast forward to now, I have decided to become a Titans fan for the same reason I became a fan of the Houston Oilers so many years ago.

9. mdfan

mdfan Starter

I think the membership growth is more than Vince Young. Young is the biggest factor of course. The Titans made some good moves in free agency and had a very good draft - they are on their way back. This site is great both for the information about the team and to trade views with other fans. I registered before but wasn't active.

I have been a fan of the Titans/Oilers since the early 1990s. I live about 10 miles outside of DC and about 40 miles from Baltimore- the news media in this area barely admits that teams besides the Redskins exist.

10. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

it is ok we will work this out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar