Are We Really Good? Or, Are the Raiders Really Bad?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Sep 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

... but he's a rapist.

2. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

"i'll take the rapists for 400 Trebek."

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

GR! It's McRath!!!!!!!! :p

4. amstrf89

amstrf89 Starter

Just a theory, but maybe the defensive strategy for the entire second half, since we had the game won by halftime, was to prevent long passes and let the clock run.

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

The Steelers defense is stout, it won't be a cake walk. I expect two run first offenses and two VERY stout defenses duking it out in a smash mouth football game. Low scoring, lots of turnovers (VY and Dixon)...

Titans have the edge due to CJ-- 13-7 Titans

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

... and you guys beat them in overtime. Let's not act like you blew the roof off against a team that probably isn't going anywhere.

7. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

Yeah, yall did well, especially stopping Turner for the most part, although he is no CJ... You are right on the money saying we will learn a lot more about our team next week than this we did week. Very interested in seeing how our D takes on Mendenhall, also with some key players returning from injury in our front seven. Titans come out on top by ten.

8. RavensShallBurn

In all seriousness though, I think it'll be a close game for a while, and we'll slowly pull away towards the end.

Your defense will have to win this game for you.

Either way, it looks like you guys will be at least 2-2 when Big Ben comes back. Can't ask for much more than that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. RavensShallBurn

It went on all game though... more in the second half, yes. But either way, they were getting big gains on those short passes which defeats the purpose of prevent.

10. Lord_Drist

Lord_Drist Camp Fodder

First, I'm not comparing the Titans to the Pats, yet.

But when teams like the Pats, Colts, Saints blow away bad teams nobody second guessed them. I say lets take this as a stepping stone to what can be a good season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar