Are we overestimating our RB need?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by SawdustMan, Apr 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

So who is everyone's top choice at RB in the draft?

I'm sticking with Tre Mason.

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Hyde. Mason? Really? I'll be surprised if he does a whole lot. His game is "Oline gives 3 yards- he gets three yards" that equals meh IMO. Especially when suburbs O line was amazing last year.

3. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

I think us getting a RB early depends on if they want to take a QB. If we go QB in the 1st we're definitely going defense in round 2. We have to draft our new D if we want to make a conplete switch by next year.

4. Clark

Not really. We only left one spot with a glaring need. NT. One could be had in the 4th. Might not be a long term option but it's plausible to roll with it.

5. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

My only comment on this if you're going 3-4. You better have a stud rush OLB or its not really worth it.

6. Clark

And the same can be said for the 43 --- better have a stud DE... Or it's really not worth it.

The difference here is basically every one of the Lbs in a 34 should be able to rush the passer. It's a more attacking defense where the rush might come from any gap and any LB.

43... Is much more conservative. Your Des are your primary source of rush and your DT are there to collapse the pocket from the inside forcing the QB off his spot.

Ayers and Brown had some luck last year rushing the passer. I'll be interested in seeing them let loose in an ultra aggressive 34

The biggest difference is your 43 DT are really 34 DE. That NT has to be able to achieve two things. 1. Eat space when being aggressive with LBs & 2. Be able to maintain the rush without getting blown off his spot every snap.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

IMO there will be plenty of decent RBs availble AFTER the draft

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'm torn between them. Hyde was my #1 until I heard of potential work ethic issues.

I also don't think Hyde will be there in the 2nd when we pick.

Hill is a possibility as well, but I'm concerned with the off field issues.

9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Mason is my favorite for us to draft because he's so exciting to watch. But Hyde, Hill or Sankey would also be good picks.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I disagree with you i think the 4-3 is the more attacking defense. You have 2 DEs who rush the passer on every single down. You might only have one really big guy inside. The 3-4 normally has 2.

Look at Williams defenses they are very aggressive. A lot of 3-4s are not. They mix it up to create confusion in the o-line but they are not super aggressive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar