Are we good enough?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PitBull, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

You are missing the point. As I said....ALL receivers drop passes, with your hero TO leading the list. Torry Holt dropped 3 last night, and he is a Pro Bowl guy. It happens. Now factor in that this is the first year Vince has thrown to Drew, and you are making something out of nothing. The "drop" on the long ball early in the game looked easy, but Drew was coming back for the ball because it was underthrown, and had to squat to try and catch it because it was low. Receivers are used to catching balls with their hands up high. Drew was also cold meat, as he was standing still and a DB was running full speed at him. You are blowing things out of proportion when it comes to Drew. Remember, this guy was an undrafted FA QB when we signed him. We have more than gotten our value from him. You want to draft some "magic man" that does all, is a playmaker, never drops passes, and runs through 5 tackles. Good luck. That guy doesn't exist.

2. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Wow.. i'd love to have somebody like that on our team.
    Atleast we'd have a starting WR on our roster that ranks above 30 in any of the following:

* Receptions
    * Receiving Touchdowns
    * Receiving yards

I agree that Randy Moss isn't on that list either, but I'm not too proud to admit when I'm wrong. Maybe i shouldn't have said Randy Moss. Maybe i should have said

"somebody like:
    Chad Johnson
    Reggie Wayne
    Roy Williams
    Donald Driver
    Marvin Harrison
    Andre Johnson
    Steve Smith
    Lee Evans
    Torry Holt
    Terrell Owens
    Anquan Boldin
    Darrell Jackson
    Javon Walker
    Laveranues Coles
    Marques Colston
    T.J. Houshmandzadeh
    Mike Furrey
    Isaac Bruce
    Terry Glenn
    Jerricho Cotchery
    Antonio Gates
    Joey Galloway
    Plaxico Burress
    Hines Ward
    Mark Clayton
    Braylon Edwards
    Tony Gonzalez
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Keyshawn Johnson
    Antonio Bryant"

Its depressing that a TE (tony gonzalez) has more receiving yards and less dropped catches than our staring WR.

Just comes to show you remind you that:
    and:

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I disagree. Rather, I'd like to alter the standard. The pats didn't have an uber receiver, they had consistent guys. We now have one of them. If he gets on the field next year, and everyone else develops some more chemistry with Vince, we'll be fine. Superstar WRs are a risky proposition. I'd rather have a deep and talented group, which we have. Givens, Bennett, Wade, Jones, Roby, Williams... that's a decent group. We don't know anything about Orr at this point.

4. GoTitans3801

I think Arizona is a good place to look. They have two fantastic WR, a pro-bowl RB, a rookie QB performing pretty well, and they're not going anywhere. Why? Because they've got all of their money on their skill players! Let's invest in our Lines, re up some of our current players before they get too expensive, and keep on moving.

5. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I'd rather give VY someone more solid and consistent.

He has quite a few short pass options out there.. How about someone to make the deep catches.

i don't think Givens, Bennett, Wade, Jones, Roby, Williams have proven to make the deep passes consistently. It might come soon enough, but i'd rather it be now than later. Calvin Johnson would solve that.

6. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

are we good enough................no...............we go as far as VY takes us....................but he is good enough to take us a long long way in my opinion.

7. GoTitans3801

The young guys have some speed. They're definitely making the deep routes, and early in the season we saw some great long throws by Vince. They'll come in time... He's had several 30+ yarders, and some that were really close. By the way, do you know who's caught every VY pass this season over 30 yards? Drew Bennett. Jones is finally back from his injury, and I expect to see some good ones from him.

8. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Calvin hasn't proven anything. Ball never got him the ball enough to even know if he is that kind of guy. Calvin appears to have great hands, but he hasn't shown me he will work to get open. We have good enough receivers at present, we need defense. Drew had 1200 yards in 2003, he can get open and catch long passes IF they are thrown on target. Worry about that more. We rarely throw for over 200 yards a game, so you aren't going to see any of our receivers listed in the top 20. That is NOT our receivers fault. You have a rookie QB, so things are limited right now, and you can't judge what we really have. We are also running the ball a great deal with success, and we have pretty good balance right now. It would foolish to waste a large chunk of our cap on a WR with so many on the roster. We need to STOP people so we don't get in these shootouts or come from behind wins.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Drew had 1200 yards in 2003....well last time I checked it is 2006 and he is dropping the easy passes, ones on target. That is HIS fault.

10. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

"On target" is being very generous. But since you think he drops a lot of passes, I wonder why Vince throws to him more than anyone else. Maybe he feels sorry for him. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar