Are we good enough?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PitBull, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Right, I'm good with all that. I was answering to this accusation:

I do think that Jags will be tough. I expect another cardiac game. But I don't think the loss to the colts back then is indicative of what we're capable of now.

2. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Kittens are afraid when they are not at home. They totally under estimate Young like he is a non factor because of our first meeting. They will lose on a Pac Attack in epic preportion.

I said it before i will say it again:

PacMan TD pass to VY to win game in 4th!:koolaid:

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

The Jags could have a huge let down after destroying the Colts like that. To win so large... that could linger. How they couldn't be onto us though is beyond me. We haven't lost in over a month. It feels really good to be able to say that. To win we must execute. We still failed to do this in our last game despite the resolve to do that very thing. There were way too many frustrating plays.

I had lots more confidence that we would beat the Colts than I do here...

reading everyones posts... I'm growing more optimistic.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

We must protect this house! (Click-clack!!)

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Upon further review, Bobby Wade missed a perfectly thrown ball that could have nailed it at the end.

And yes, Bironas "had a groin."

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I LOVE the under armour ads.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dnECY26PSHk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dnECY26PSHk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

by the way what does that guy say after he says Will you protect this house? (hell yeah hell yeah).

I can't make that out.

8. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

You're right on the money there... :nana2:

Thats exactly what i mean.. We need to be more consistent and more in control of the game to be able to walk into a game with confidence. All this depending on VY to pull of a fairy tale ending won't get us far. WRs such as Bennett constantly dropping 8 yard throws but occasionally making 25 yard catches is ridicolous. How inconsistent can he be?

Our defense giving up 21 points in the first half, then 0 points in the second reminds me of a PS2 game where you press the R1 and R2 button at the same time to turn your team into blinking unstoppable supermaniacs after building up enough credit.

We might be enjoying the fact that we've won the last few games since most thought we would end up with a 3-13 season, but is that the way any fan wants us to play next year?

How about walking into a game knowing that our star WR can catch and being surprised when he drops one, instead of holding our breath everytime the ball is thrown his direction. How about knowing for a fact that our defense can make the tackles and interceptions instead of hoping for that to happen. It would also be nice to know that we have two solid CBs that constantly hold opponent WRs to one or two catches all game. How about a FS that we can be proud of instead of hoping the QB doesn't throw his direction.

I'm sure everyone realizes that we still have alot of rebuilding to do in the off season and the wins we have complied in the last few days really do little to address our issues. We seriously need to bring much more consistency to our play. We need to make some major changes to our defense and offense. I say we start with a dependable WR and go from there. I for one wouldn't mind Randy Moss on our team despite his idiotic tendancies. Atleast he's a playmaker; and will give Pacman a new best friend. I'd prefer Calvin, but i really doubt its going to happen.

9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I understand that there are mistakes that happen in plays that can change the game's outcome. But a FG is basically a free-throw...a kicker only has one job, and he does it with relatively little pressure. If he "had a groin", then he should say "Coach, I have a groin!" (unless there's some rule I don't know about that disallows a backup kicker...see my fourth userbar below).

Interesting...if he misses any other FG, it's excused; but if it's the game-winner he misses, he's a goat.

10. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

baaaaaaaa-ronis

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar