Are we ever going to dump Chris Henry?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Mar 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Let's not forget that Chris Henry seems to have a knack for trying to bowl over defenders. It's usually a better idea to avoid them altogether. Remember his long run in the preseason against the Raiders. He could easily have cut it outside to the open field, but instead decided it was a better idea to just crash into a defender and get tackled.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

He's a second round pick. You don't cut those in two seasons, especially not less than that.

3. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

His running style reminds me of Marion Barber

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Henry didn't get activated last year for a couple of reasons. First he obviously wasn't as good on STs as Ganther (3rd RBs need to contribute on STs) and Ganther was also the back up to Hall at FB. That doesn't mean Henry was neccesarily behind Ganther as a RB. If the situation should arise where LW gets traded Henry would automatically move up the depth chart to the #2 RB spot IMO (LW didn't play STs either) but if a another RB gets added to the roster that is superior to Henry as a pure RB Henry's roster spot is going to be in jeopardy.

IMO with Little coming aboard there is automatically going to be some more competition for a roster spot and Little can contribute on STs at minimum as a return guy. Of course there is always the question of Henry being a better pure RB than Ganther or Little anyway. The one advantage Henry has if we were to trade LW is that Henry would be our only legit power type guy providing we don't add another one at some point.

There isn't any reason to dump Henry until we see what our situation is in camp. Henry does have the ability to break off long runs occasionally and he can catch the ball fairly well. If he can improve his ability to make reads he might still be a pretty decent RB because he does have explosion and power. The question is he going to use that explosion to barrel over his own offensive lineman or is he going to use it to run to daylight. He will still get another chance to prove himself either way.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I just wish he'd trade jerseys with Nick Harper so I could wear the one I have hanging in my closet again.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

You should just send that jersey to one of his 11 kids. They need all the help they can get, Henry sure won't be able to pay their child support.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

I would really like to see some more of Chen on the field.

He played pretty well in 07 when he got a chance, but I assume Fish had reasons for keeping him off the field last year...

8. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

I did use protection at first,” Henry said. “Then they’d be saying they’d be on the pill. I was an idiot to trust them. Second or third time with them, I didn’t use it. Then, boom!

11 booms later :lol:

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playerpages/player_contract.aspx?sport=NFL&id=4226

Henry only makes $490,000 this year. Can't get much cheaper than that. His pro rated signing bonus counts $312K against the cap but that will count if we release him or not.

No financial reason to release him at all. Only reason to cut him is to make room for a better player. Ganther might be that beter player. certainly more versatile.

He's a bust there is no other way to look at him. They took a chance on a muscle bound 230 lb guy with 4.40 speed and DE strength. They missed on him but have hit on their other high picks.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

Hopefully we will have someone capable of beating him out of his spot, but to simply release him for the sake of movement is pointless. Hopefully Rafael Little is good enough to beat him out. I'm rooting for em

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar