Are there any Safeties worse than ours?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CriticalTheory, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

exactly - understated but you nailed it (I would have mentioned skirt wearing, backward dancing girly men, but your way is more precise - lol)

2. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

THe defense was younger and less proven than the offense. I dont understand how you can defend chow and criticize Schwartz. Unless Chows ggoal was to break the record for TE receptions, then something wasnt working. Now I agree, I think a lot of that is due to Mcnair not being on the same page as the young receivers, and our O line not being very good which limited our running game.

But, if your going to give Chow a pass because of rookie WRs then why not give Schwartz that same benefit with rooke CBs?

You talk about the core not improving in 4 years, but this is no where near the same core we had 4 years ago. No Jevon, Robaire, Carter, Rolle, Schulters, Dyson, etc, and those are guys who have left within the last 2 years.

Going into this year I for one, expected the offense to be good, and the defense to struggle, and the fact of the matter is they both sucked and we need lots of personel changes. I would like to see both these coaches with aquality players, and then I think they are both pretty good, at this point in time Chow in no way deserves a pass before Schwartz because Schwartz has had good defenses under him with the right players, and Chow has proven he can get the ball to the TEs 3 yards down the field.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

when? half of the '02 season?

4. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Well we went to an AFC championship game, completely shut down Jamal Lewis, held the Pats to 17 points on the road in the playoffs and only 3 points after the first quarter if I remember correctly. Our defense does not have talent, I dont know what you guys are watching to think that any coach in the league could have made this a good defense. Bulluck, Haynesworth, are the only proven veteran players on our D, and Haynesworth has been hit and miss his entire career. Now I know everybody thought that pac man was going to come in and be deion his first year, but thats just naive. We have been a good D under Schwartz, but when the cap is mismanaged as bad as it was here and you lose as many players as we have lost, you cant expect the 85 bears, or anything close to it, out there every game, its not happening.

5. Fry

didnt the raiders put up like 40-something that game?

hooray! we can shut down a one dimensional offense with their back up qb!

yep, 3 points in the first half, 14 in the second. once again showing his halftime adjustments are crap.

6. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Just look at our defensive roster. 2 seasons ago, only 2 seasons ago, our starters on the line were carter, haynesworth, kearse, and smith. All but one are gone. In our secondary 2 years ago (and even last year but the injuries were ridiculous) rolle, dyson, schulters, tank, only tank remains. Most of these guys were replaced through the draft, meaning, they are extremely young an unproven, and I am not impressed as of yet with how we drafted.

Now, look at the offense. We have lost eddie, mason, frank, and mccarrens, miller, and uhh, thats it. And eddie was washed up and not very good anyway, and frank was on his last leg. So you logically explain to me how chow gets a pass over schartz when our offense is more or less in tact from 2 years ago, with a few exceptions, and the only real meaningful exception is Mason and to a degree Mcareins because everyone else was washed up and on their way out.

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

NO, you read it wrong, that pats scored two TDs early in the game and then Brady basically tapped out and they got the ball past midfield maybe twice after the first quarter.

Yes, Baltimore was a one dimensional offense that had a RB that was just a few yards shy of breaking the single season rushing record, dismiss that all you want but the fact of the matter is, we stopped it, nobody else in the league did.

And the raiders did score, but we also had two fumbles deep in our own territory right before the half to help them out. And they also scored 28 I believe against the Bucs who had comparisons to the 85 bears and the ravens D as one of the best ever.

8. Fry

i've never been a big fan of that 2000 yard season. he had 500 against the browns.
    didnt the bucs defense outscore the raiders offense in that game?

9. Fry

and even with all of those guys, we were a middle of the pack defense.

10. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Give me a break, we shut down their run, the rest of the league doesnt. Make excuses for that all you want, and yes he did run all over the browns, but you dont become a division champion by running all over the browns. They obviously had something that worked, that we stopped, give credit where it is due.

The bucs D probably did have some points in that game. Kind of like, the raiders had points against our O and special team fumbles, but I am sure youll blame that on Schwartz too. But, if you compare our talent to the Bucs talent on D your nuts. We dont have a Warren Sapp in his prime, or a Derrick Brooks in his prime, complimented by Simeon Rice, Barber, and John Lynch. At no point under Schwartz or Williams have we had that kind of talent on D.

Schwartz isnt Greg Williams by any means, but to blame this season on our D when our offense's biggest weapon was rinky dink passes to our TEs is ludicrous, Im sorry, its ludicrous. We sucked everywhere, but I at least expected our D to suck since almost all our starters are gone from just 2 years ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar