Are there any Safeties worse than ours?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CriticalTheory, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I will guarantee you that Bruschi and Vrabel would be very average players on any other team than the Patriots. Which I also believe the Broncos demonstrated very well. Seymour though is top notch player no question.

Gee, maybe instead of waiting 10 years to have the right players for your system, you should your system? Or is that impossible?

And for rcarie, if Schwartz isn't in charge of defence why is he on the staff? Why do we have a defensive coordinator, if he doesn't do anything? Seems like a waste of money to me...

Besides nobody is saying Fisher isn't to blame. He is very much to blame for letting Schwartz stay for so long.

2. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I know this, but a cover 2 isnt an overly aggressive defense, like ours isnt an overly aggressive defense. My point being, Everybody is on Schwartz for not being agrressive, to to run an overly agressive D you have to have playmakers who can cover one one one, and you have to have guys to really pressure the QB. We have neither.

3. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Why do players make such big salaries if only coaches matter? Its amazing to me that you guys think we have quality talent on Defense.

What in the world makes you think Vrabel and Bruschi would be average players in any other system? Vrabel is a great athlete and Bruschi is smart and tough as they get at that position.

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Bob Sanders, Mike Doss, Antoine Winfield, Corey Chavious, Troy Polamalu, I could go on....tackling and defense is ALL ABOUT ATTITUDE.

5. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Dude, most of those guys are safeties and have 20-25 pounds on Pac man. Dont try to sell me that pac man is as physical as sanders or polamolu or doss. Pac Man is going to be more in the Deion sanders mold than the Ty law mold.

6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

So we'll keep drafting high defensively, and keep waiting on them to do something, because Schwartz doesn't know how to get the most out of his players, lest develop them or change his philosophy to suit his players better.

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Or maybe Reese has had ****ty drafts recently. Ya know, it is possible to not draft well. Im sure Peter Sirmon or Brad Kassell and there 5.2 speed would be real successful blitzing all day, yeah thats it. Or we could blitz Bulluck all day and taking out of coverage which is one of the top strengths of his game.

8. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

If the attitude was that of a girl, they would have been a lot tougher and nastier. In truth, they had the attitude of a MAN!

Girls rock and can get down and dirty, just ask dude who got shanked in the knee up in Indy.:irked:

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

most of them are in the 185-205 range. pacman is 185.

10. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Yes, I said 20 to 25 pounds and 205 is 20 more pounds than 185.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar