Are the Titans finally catching the breaks they've needed?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jun 8, 2015.

?
  1. Running Game

8 vote(s)
    15.7%
  2. Pass Protection

7 vote(s)
    13.7%
  3. Pass Rush

3 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. Everything

33 vote(s)
    64.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Titans beat writer Jim Wyatt just put out an article he's calling "Five Titans looking good in OTAs", where he lists off QB Marcus Mariota, RB Bishop Sankey, CB Perrish Cox, LB Zach Brown, and OLB J.R. Tavai as players he's taken notice of during the first half of OTA's.

Im a big believer in the idea of; "
    if you dont have a QB you have nothing", and perhaps for a nice change the Titans have that position figured out. During both Vince Young and Jake Locker's inaugural OTA's they both made headlines for some of the wrong reasons,. First Young with his inability to pick-up Norm Chow's offense , and then Jake Locker drawing doubts from teammate Nate Washington. Now however, Mariota is getting nothing but praise from teammates, coaches , and the media. Its way early to tell but perhaps our prayers have been answered at the most important position in football...

As for the other names mentioned earlier, its no secret the Titans have been deprived of good RB play since 2010, as well as a defense that can stand on its own. Now with Perrish Cox and a few LB's we may finally have whats been missing since the first half of the 2009 season.

OTA's are hardily all that worth getting excited over, but early signs are suggesting clear skies await the 2015 Titans..

Are you excited yet?

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

nope

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I am definitely excited to head in a better direction this year bro. I hope we run the hell over defenses this year and gain some time of possession for once.

4. JCBRAVE

Improving TOP would really go along ways for this team, defense wasn't too terrible in the beginning of games, but when youre literally on the field 70% of the time in some cases you'll always break down... I still have doubts about this O-Line tho... I think Mariota will help due to his elusiveness, but when we run the ball we still have some pansies we have to depend on. Levitre can pull and block well on the move, but when he has to dig his feet in at the LOS he's soft. We'll probably live and die by Levitre again unless someone out plays him in camp...

Fingers crossed..

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Everything

I assume that encompasses bad threads.

• LOL LOL x 5
  6. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

I'm excited we have a chance of having a franchise QB in Mariota if things go well. I believe things will slowly fall in place once that is established or if/when. Tired of spending first round picks on QB's every other year.

7. JCBRAVE

Its actually every other other year.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

for whatever reason I saw a list of Oiler/Titan all time QBs. Most important stats went

Moon
    McNair
    Blanda
    Pastorini
    VINCE YOUNG
    Locker is generally 9 and Freaking Hassleback is 10th
    at least CBJ and the bugger eater are not top 20 so there is that

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

They seriously need to get rid of Levitre man....If you are going power run, you need to get a mauler in there....Never know, Poutasi may end up there even though they want him at RT.

10. JCBRAVE

Booger eater does rank high if youre looking at their first starts

titansqb's1ststart.jpg

I suspect fans will doubt Mariota if his first game is any worse than a 93 passer rating..

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar