Are The Titans Content With Mediocrity?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Not trying to turn this into a Brandon Lloyd discussion......but I am not sure if an active player could have helped those teams at that time period.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Lol, so tell me who you are gonna draft in that 5th round?

This aint rocket science. Our current WRs are not #1WR caliber. Britt may never return to form. This is a unique situation, where the Texans are our biggest threat and winning the division = home playoff game.

Worst case scenario, he sucks, we are out a 5th rounder and don't re-sign him.

Best case scenario = he makes a difference maybe this season! Good for several seasons which benefits Locker and Britt (assuming he returns to form after injury... doubtful in itself).

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Anyone else think the Rams valued Lloyd more because he already knew Josh McDaniels' offense?

4. damersbrah

damersbrah Special Teams Standout

Klug was a 5th round pick, Finnegan and McCourty were both 6th round picks. There are plenty of quality guys in the later rounds.

5. Alex1939

So would Lloyd help us right now?

6. thickfreakness

thickfreakness Practice Squad

None of our receivers are #1 calibur, but are you trying to tell me Llyod is a #1 receiver? Do you even know what his career stats are? Lol. I understand he could slightly make our team better, but Brandon Lloyd isn't going to transform our team. Im just saying, why pay for a guy, when we have 3-4 receivers on the team already who could put up the same stats? I'd keep that draft pick, and hope it's a diamond in the rough that helps us out for the next 10 years. (not likely)

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

ripping on 'fans' sucks. Yes some want every FA out there, but they are clearly NOT the majority here.

agreed

8. Alex1939

He's a million times more a #1 than Nate Washington or Lavelle Hawkins.

Have you ever seen him play?

Did I say he was?

Because we DO NOT have 3-4 receivers on this team anywhere near as good at this point in time. Name them to me.

We are also not "paying" anything for him. He's in the final year of his deal. Worst case scenario we are renting a WR for 10 weeks. (were renting as it is now)

Who would you draft?

9. Alex1939

As a fan looking at a Titans team one game behind the Texans... I would trade a 5th rounder for 10 games of B.Lloyd. 5th rounders are not that damn valuable.

Home playoff games are however, very desirable.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I agree about 5th rounders

I would rather see what Avery can do myself

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar