Are the Titans better without Finnegan?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Jun 26, 2012.

?

Are we better without Finnegan?

Poll closed Jul 3, 2012.
  1. Yes, we are better without Finnegan.

29.4%
  2. No, we would be better with Finnegan.

70.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Simple question, are we better without Finnegan?

This is not to debate his contract with the Rams (I'm glad we didn't give him that deal). This is simply from a football standpoint for this season.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

well it opens up a nickel spot, and we did lose a veteran on the defense. it largely depends on how our new NB performs. But I am going to say no, we are not.

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

The answer is clearly no, at least in terms of on-field football performance only.

But the other stuff matters. The money matters. His off-field attitude matters. If he held out during camp and became a distraction, that would matter.

I don't see the value in trying to boil this issue down and ignore all that stuff.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

3 days from now this will be featured in the Tennessean

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

• High Five High Five x 5
  5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

lol

6. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

[​IMG]

7. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Better? No.

I have the utmost confidence in McCourty and Verner but Finnegan was a leader of the defense.

That said, he still isn't worth what the Rams gave him.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I meant to choose no, but whatever.

I don't think we're better, but we're not worse either. Finnegan isn't a shutdown corner. He's a guy who doesn't lock down the other team's best WR for a whole game. We tried that in 2010 and he got worked. He's at his best when he's playing right corner and going inside in the nickel, but Verner also excels in that role, so no loss in my opinion.

Using that $50M he got from the Rams to lock up several solid players instead of overspending on one solid player was the way to go.

I also have a lot of confidence in this team's ability to develop middle and late round corners. They've done it with Finnegan, Verner and McCourty. We'll see if they can do it with Sensabaugh and Campbell.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

From reports out of the OTAs, Campbell is really impressing. At least that is the vibe I get from Wyatt's tweets.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I think we'll be better off but in the short term there will be a step back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar