Are the Titans 2-1 if Volek was QB?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 26, 2006.

?
  1. Yes.

14 vote(s)
    51.9%
  2. No.

13 vote(s)
    48.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Please don't use this thread as another debate on Collins vs Volek. We have a dozen such thread already.

I'm curious to know how many feel the Titans would be 2-1 today if Volek had remained the QB.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Nope.

Volek would have been knocked out for six week in the first half against the Jets, Collins would be playing anyway...

ok seriously, maybe one win, but Volek hasnt ever proven he could win with this team..or last a single game.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Maybe. We will never know now. We were only a handful of plays from being 2-1 so I can not rule it out with any certainty. If there was an unsure option on the poll that is what I would vote. Since there is none I will respond "no".

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Honestly, I'm through with the issue.

In regards to the question, I think Volek could have hit the deep balls that Collins floated in the Miami game, but I also think we would have seen Volek get sacked more. I don't think it would have made a difference.

No more.

[​IMG]

5. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Volek has won more games for us then Collins that is for sure. I would argue he has lost us more games then Volek has as well.

6. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Zip and three no matter who the QB is.

Vince included.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

well, volek lost 7 while collins has lost 3. so i guess not

8. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I was not actually talking the # of losses under Volek. The games with back to back 400+ yards and scoring 4 TDs a game you can hardly count as losses do to Volek.

Miami and NY I think can be argued that it was poor quarterbackedness. Yes Collins is so bad his play has created a new word.

9. we would be 2-1 if vince was the qb, but volek wouldnt have made a difference, maybe on the ints but not much

10. Toly

Toly Free your mind

It's really hard to judge the Jets game. But Collins shouldn't have been starting that game in the first place.

I'd say, however, that the Dolphins game would've been perfect for Volek - there's no way he would have missed all those open WRs downfield.

I don't know about 2-1, but 1-2 is a very good possibility.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar