Are Houston throwing games?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Dec 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

oh yeah, already brought it up somewhere else. And I saw it on the fastest 3 minutes on the Sunday Night game.

2. Enoch

Enoch Guest

I hate to say so, but I have watched their final three finishes......It sure looks like they are. They should have won all three of their final games, but they lost all three....Its pathetic really.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Even if we had a NBA type lottery you would have the #3, #4 or whatever teams blowing games to get into the lottery.

4. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I was beginning to wonder who was trying harder to lose yesterday them or us...

5. Tightans

Tightans Guest

This is truly sad if teams honestly compete to lose, what's next teams competing to get T.O just for national attention!~ I have almost completly bought into the theory that the Texans have written this season off. I love baseball in the spect that so many teams that were completly out of it played to spoil! As a fan of the sport I would like to see every team compete as professionals until those cleats are hanging in the locker room for the season.

6. maximus

maximus Starter

MNF did the 60 seconds with Jimmy Kinnel last night. It showed the Texans dumping water on Kris Brown has Kris Brown yelled "We want Reggie" or something to that effect. It was hilarious, and quite possibly true.

Kris Browns kick was awful(first time I saw it was yesterday)

7. 2toneblue77

2toneblue77 Guest

That was Hilarious :ha: :ha: :ha:

8. V-MAN

V-MAN I still believe

Even if the Texans don't want Reggie. (which they would be crazy not to) I can guarantee that they will let teams know that they will draft him, just for bargaining posture.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a trade for the #1.

9. Mr. E

Mr. E Camp Fodder

It's not sad when teams play to lose. It's smart.

Winning garbage games that mean zilch is a dumb move. You want your draft slot worth as much as possible. You want the best place possible...when you suck atleast.

You don't start 2-9 and try to win your last 5 games. It's stupid. Plain and simple.

I know, you guys believe all that mumbo jumbo sportsmanship, play to have fun, play your hardest every snap of every game, but the goal remains the same.

Whether you're 2-13 going into your last game...whether you're 16-0 heading to the playoffs....your goal is to WIN THE SUPERBOWL.

Difference is....when you aren't gonna make playoffs - making the superbowl is the goal for NEXT season. So do you want a crappy draft slot and a "project" type player that'll be ready in 3 years....or do you want someone that can contribute during your fresh start?

Winning these games is pointless.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

reading your post was pointless.

winning a game, a home game in particular, is a big deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar