Anyone with knowledge of the legal landscape?

Discussion in 'Nashville' started by Brew City, Feb 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I’m planning on attending law school next year and have picked Tennessee as a place I would like to move. (From Wisconsin). I’ve applied to both Belmont and U of T. If I don’t get into U of T (it’s a long shot) is Belmont a respected school to attend? I know Vanderbilt is THE school in the area. My question is if I go to Belmont, will it be difficult to get a good job upon graduation? Are firms looking for Vandy graduates or are they open to Belmont graduates as well?

It’s a bit different here because Marquette is the only school in the area and most lawyers here are Marquette alums. The next closest school is UW Madison, better known as just Wisconsin, which is a better ranked school but is 1 1/2 hours away and draws from all over the state instead of just Milwaukee.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks.

#1 Brew City, Feb 12, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  2. 8and8

8and8 Starter

Belmont is a pretty respectable school in the area. I actually looked at getting my MBA there but the $$ was high.

I should note that I don't really know much about the law school at Belmont though. I'm speaking in general terms.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Belmont is more know for its music programs but it's well respected. You are correct, Vanderbilt is THE school for law in Tennessee.

4. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

What kind of law do you plan on practicing?

5. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Either employment or criminal law. I work in employment law right now as a paralegal, but am really interested in switching to criminal.

6. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Bird law is a hot branch right now

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Amazon Law...
    yup.
    You currently have to contact lawyers in the UK. Huge void here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar