Anyone kinda miss Vince Young?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Apr 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

yes....i do kinda miss Vince Young

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

you cant go by that cause someone like VY is rare in the nfl, right now the league is almost a pure passing league.

McNair is retired, Vick is in prison or what ever, and VY is trying to win his job back.

So of course someone like VY hasnt won a SB cause the odds are against them when it's a 97% passing league.

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I enjoyed some of the funnest football I've ever watched because of VY. No Titan's fan can say any different. His second year he had a quad injury that everyone seems to just forget about when we talk about how defenses 'figured him out' so quickly. Once upon a time a QB wasn't expected to succeed until his 3-4 or even 5th season. I'm not ready to jump ship, but he's gonna hafta show us all something spectacular, his window is closing

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

^^^first post back from my 2 week ban....felt nice. Thanks Titan Jeff

5. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Can't even lie VY does have some serious game. Hope he turns things back on and wins his job back, convincingly.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

The difference is that Pippen could actually play.

Results=forgiveness.

If Vince shapes up he'll be forgiven.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Yeah if VY is serious about winning his job back then preseason should be fun to watch.

If VY has a real good preseason and Collins ends up starting the regular season slow, i could see them putting VY in there to see where he stands.
    But with Nate and maybe Holt i dont see how Collins could screw that up.

we will see.

9. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Yep, I miss the excitement in his play, The high energy he brings, The unorthodox plays. Sure he may have some setbacks but he always finds a way to set up a score. As for him quitting on the team. Well I'm one of those guys who believes the story he said. It was a t.v. timeout and he decided to sit down and collect his thoughts. Believe what you want but i think he was honest. I'm not gonna say he is going to get his job back this season like it's nothing because I'm not a psychic and it will be hard work. But i will say that i think he will come back a force in this league and that Bud and Jeff know that. Which iis why there not giving up on him. I do believe he will soon step up and become a franchise QB for us like Air McNair was.

10. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

He had a very exciting rookie year. Similar to a high flying NBA player that has some very memorable moments, but all are dunking the ball emphatically and can rarely make a standard jumpshot. He never wins championships, but has 2 7-footers down low that keep the other team from scoring often, so he gets a lot more credit than he deserves.

A nothing to lose mentality is what he thrived in that year, and is the same situation he has this year should KC slip up. Low expectations could help this guy out a lot - I still dont think he could ever be a Super Bowl winning quarterback, but hope I'm wrong. If not, I hope we address the QB position very soon going forward.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar