Anyone kinda miss Vince Young?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Apr 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MCMLXXXIII

MCMLXXXIII Starter

You can't be Lebron James in the NFL. Football is a team game. Basketball can be run around one man. If you want to be a successful QB in the NFL you need to be a leader and not a selfish brat. It also helps if you have a higher IQ than that of sack of rocks. VY will be nothing more than the Titans 3rd string QB when Patrick Ramsey beats him out for the backup spot in training camp and out of the NFL in 2010.

2. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

People hate Vy for some reason

3. carltron

carltron Guest

to actually think Vince will be out of the NFL in 2010, i can't see.
    if he doesn't remain with the titans i know there is someone who will be willing to pick him.

its a shame vince hit a wall so high, he needs to trace back his steps to grab a ladder and come to a wall that may not be there when he gets back.

4. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Cutler inherited zero receivers (Marshall is his age, Royal a rookie last yr) and zero running backs. That's with Marshall being suspended 1/4 the year and never really getting back to full form. Cutler had to deal with a change at OC. He led the 2nd best passing attack in the NFL behind Brees, still ahead of Manning and Warner who DO HAVE reliable legitimate targets.

When Vince steps back to pass, I was MUCH more worried about him making a mistake (like throwing it right into the hands of a DE vs Jags opening day) than I was a receiver dropping the ball. When receivers get used to a consistently timed and accurate pass its a little easier to play mistake free.

The Bengals couldn't score with the same set of receivers and Carson on the bench and Fitzpatrick in. Tom Brady won multiple Super Bowls with mediocre at best receivers. It's a quarterback league. Sure, quality receivers can help, but in most cases the QB makes his receivers better, exponentially more so than the other way around.

5. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

cant say that i miss him. i just gave my vy jersey to goodwill

6. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

at about 5:20

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xk7EDQ_UBjw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xk7EDQ_UBjw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

7. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

In an 8 minute video, you point out a specific second to go look for a single good pass. I think that proves the point the person you responded to was trying to make.

8. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Yeah my bad, I forgot to mention in college he was so good at running the ball he hardly ever needed to pass (I thought that was common knowledge). Remember when he beat USC pretty much singlehandedly?

9. carltron

carltron Guest

in college alot of QBs can do it on their feet alone.
    thats why alot of them cant translate to the NFL, and it they do its because they have stepped up their game throwing the ball.

10. hoheff78

hoheff78 Camp Fodder

yes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar