Anyone ever eaten a cicada?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SawdustMan, Jun 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

My wife thinks I'm insane but I've heard/read they are actually quite tasty grilled (well, more tasty than you would imagine at least). I like to try 'out there' foods and am thinking about giving the cicadas a go before they die off and I don't have the chance again for another 13 years.

Anyone here ever eaten them? If so, how was it prepared? Thoughts?

2. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Uhhh...No. Plenty of food options out there to fulfill my nutritional needs. Why eat bugs....

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You want to eat a grasshopper thing? Well go for it, but be very careful if you're allergic to sea food. Also be careful that the ones you do eat, aren't landing in lawn fertilizers and stuff.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

This is the one thing that concerns me and has me leaning toward not doing it. I don't have any seafood allergies or any other kind of food allergies so that's not an issue.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Well I'm obviously not going to eat it for lack of nutritional options. It's just a curiosity thing.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

They don't get garden variety cicada's you know.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

No offense, but my friend and I were making fun of these people the other day. :)

8. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

" Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy motherfu**er."

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'd never be offended by two guys I don't even know making fun of something I've never done. :)

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Hey I gotta say "no offense" just in case. You never know.

FWIW, I ate some crazy cooked insects at some event when I was in third grade.

Uhh... come to think of it third grade was 13 years ago for me which was when the cicadas were last here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar