Anyone else worried that Amano is still our C?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWrath, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

HC Mike seems worried...or at least concerned with Amano at Center. He had to answer diplomatically, but still i can sense that he's not very happy with Amano.

Here is what he had to say on Nashville's Wake-Up Zone (via SportsRadioInterviews.com):

"No, we would. I think it’s just competition. We’ve been looking (at) a lot of positions, offensive line being one of them. The (Steve) Hutchinson thing became available — he wasn’t even a free agent when the season ended so that was something I thought we…just like (Kamerion) Wimbley, I thought we acted quickly when those guys became available to add them to our roster. I think they’re gonna be two huge additions. … And we’re not done, not only there, but other positions. So that’s the goal, and if Eugene ends up being the guy, I think he’s a very good football player and we’ve done a lot of great things with him at center and at guard. So, I think we’re just trying to add competition to the position."

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Our Answer:

[​IMG]

Say hello to David Molk in the 4th Rd.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

looks retarded - just sayin'

4. xpmar9x

[​IMG]

5. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I think to make sure we'd have to take him in the 3rd though.

6. CaliTitan

CaliTitan Starter

I think we'll have our center by the 2nd round.

7. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Philip Blake if he falls to the 3rd. David Molk if he falls to the 4th. No way I would take either one of them higher than that. Ben Jones is overrated as a 3rd round pick and Michael Brewster is overrated period.

Also, I wouldn't want a later round rookie starting as the anchor of our o-line; hopefully we continue to look at free agents to replace Amano. Jeff Faine, Jason Brown, and Jamaal Jackson are all still available. We have shown interest in each of these candidates, and they would all be upgrade/lower payments than Amano. I'm still optimistic that our front office will get something done.

8. xpmar9x

LOL I get an "it sucks" for posting a picture on Munch... what is this forum coming too?

Anywho... this is how I see centers:
    Peter Konz (2nd Round)
    David Molk (4th Round)
    Ben Jones (4th Round)
    Michael Brewster (4th Round)
    Phillip Blake (4th Round)

I'm just hoping we can get 1 of the 5.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

IDK how bad this may sound, but I am so happy everyone else finally sees what I saw in Eugene Amano so long ago. Some of you guys fought with me for years, talking about "he got an extension so he must be good". NO! He was just lucky to have Roos and Mawae cover for his inefficiencies.

If this guy somehow sticks around after training camp, pray to God a anvil falls from the heavens and on to his leg. Cause if we have to rely on this chump again, we're doomed.

Having Amano play is like finding ham in your ice cream.

10. ToddTheTitan

ToddTheTitan GoTitans Homer

Yuck lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar