Anyone else worried that Amano is still our C?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWrath, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Amano is so bad, I posted some of his biggest fail videos over at my fantasy football site. I have half the people over there saying they will not draft CJ in the first this year if Amano is still starting.

And yes, I know, Amano was not CJ's only problem. But the line was a huge part of the problem. If we can get it where he isn't getting hit in the backfield with regularity, then we know what the problem is, we cut CJ next year, and move on, learning the lesson to never overpay a speed back.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Even if we don't sign a vet as our starter I think Velasco and Matthews along with a rookie will be competing for the job. The Titans aren't going to freak out and reach for a C in the draft either.

I also believe unless they pick a guy like Konz in the 1st (very unlikely IMO unless they trade down a few spots) they won't be starting a rookie. Basically I think DeCastro is the only OL guy they would feel good about picking in the 1st round. Konz isn't going to last until their pick in the 2nd.

3. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

for me... at first im like... oh it wont be too bad... i mean.. the qb didnt get sacked too many times...

then i remember CJ getting stuffed on almost every play and go "crap.."

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Idk, Munch is having a hard time evaluating centers he said. Amano might luck out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

5. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

True, but one look at the Amano 2011 highlight reel makes it pretty obvious any spectator they find on gameday over 200 lbs would be an upgrade.

I wouldn't be opposed to them cutting Amano and then saying "Ok, any lineman on roster that isn't currently starting: You may now compete to be center".

I know people jokingly say that anyone would be better than Amano, but I'm a believer in this.

Anyone who can promise that they will not tackle the Tailback will literally be an instant upgrade.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I say we take the Defensive BPA at 20. If Konz is still there early in the second, we trade our second rounder, and maybe a pick next year, to go up and get him.

I'd say that would be the best case scenario. Get a solid D-starter and a starting C.

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I don't think anyone is joking, I believe we can find a better replacement in almost any round of the draft.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

In EAs defense he was sticking his landings during december and he had increased his degree of difficulty somewhat. I mean anyone can just collapse into a heap but EA was getting launched into the backfield with a ballistic trajectory. It would have been beautiful if he was not wearing two tone blue

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. gran54

gran54 Starter

Seems like we're waiting for the draft then going to decide afterwards. We'll most likely draft one and be good.

10. M3gatitan

M3gatitan Camp Fodder

I've been worried, very worried, so i took upon myself the liberty to call a hit man, and place a hit on Amano, now we most definatly won't have to worry about him starting for us this year :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar