Any chance GM....... and Jeff Fisher..???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

Any chance we have a new GM before the FA mark at March 1st or Aprils 28th Draft?

Why has Fisher not signed an lng-term extension?

I understand theres 7mths before the season gets here but I would like to see everything taken care of and not wait till the last minute. AKA Kerry Collins situation last year. Waiting till 2 weeks before opening day vs Jets to know who your QB.

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

funny feeling on my part that Fisher won't get a long term extension/contract...don't have any reason for thinking that way

3. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

I still say all the signs are pointing to Fish getting an extension, why else would we have told Dallas they couldn't talk to him? It seems to me that if we were going to let him go after this season anyway we'd go ahead and let Dallas give us a draft pick for him and by doing that we would go ahead and get the new coach/system in place this year instead of waiting til next year.

4. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Fish isn't going anywhere. He's the face of the Titans and he's here to stay. I don't think he wants to leave either.. he's too attached to the franchise and it's players. He's just a nice guy.

He started his professional coaching career with us so basically he hasen't been jumpong around from team to team like most of the coaches in the league nowadays.

5. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Ofcourse he will be looking to be properly compensated.. and imo he deserves as much green as any other coach out there.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Who knows about Fisher, and the beginning of the season he didn't think he'd be back, but I'm hoping that the second half helped him turn a corner and he's motivated to stay. I hope we pay him and get him his extension, but first we need a GM!

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He deserves as much as coaches that have won superbowls? Jeff Fisher hasn't been impressive as a coach since 1999, and my guess is that a big part of that was Greg Williams.
    I'd like to keep Fisher, because I don't want some unknown new guy coming in and changing everything, but Fisher isn't a great coach. He's constantly getting outcoached, keeps bad players in the lineups, bad staff when they continuously fail, and usually takes a horrible start before he gets his arse in gear and starts working.

8. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

12yr 60 million for Jeff Fisher.
    - I do not want another coach, coaching my Titans. There is not another coach in the NFL today I want on those sidelines at the Colisuem than Jeff Fisher.

Reason they have kept bad players at certain postions is because the great floyd reese got the Titans in such a bad way with salary cap that they were stuck with keeping guys that sucked. They were so thin at some positions they had no choice but to keep slackers like schobel, Calmus, and were unable to keep solid players such as Mccarins(big mistake), Mason, etc. Reese is gone now thank god lets get a GM in here who can draft and get things going on the road to the Super Bowl 42.

might think I am nuts but Super Bowl 42 Titans vs Saints (Young vs Bush 2)

9. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

That would be sweet..

10. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

There's a blurb on the PFT rumor mill tonite that one of the hold ups with Reinfeldt is the money, as in Bud's not offering much more than he's already making in Seattle. I'm starting to get worried, this seems like its taking too long.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar